Earliest age to bring up Prospect

Owner to Owner help and advice
CJefcoat

Earliest age to bring up Prospect

Post by CJefcoat »

I know the optimum age is 22, but I feel this pitcher at 20 is not going to progress any or much more at this point...here is the player. Got him a cup of coffee last season, but I may as well pull him up now.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13112181

http://www.simdynasty.com/depth.jsp
Kingturtle

Re: Earliest age to bring up Prospect

Post by Kingturtle »

First season in majors should be at OS23, if you want optimal development.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Bring him up and start him. He's os 21 already. High endurance max velocity. Just let him pitch.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Optimal age for pitchers is a year later than hitters. The first season that's better in the majors for hitters is OS23 like KingTurtle said. Age 22 is a wash for hitters. If they have good health and are already B+ overall or better then I bring them up if I have playing time available.

Pitchers are a different animal. In the majors, the first 25 ICs go to only velocity or control. After that about 33%-50% of all ICs will go to endurance. Considering he's still very young and has close to max endurance, I'd keep him the minors for at least a half season for the next couple seasons, if not the full year for his OS21 season. Instead of getting 45-55 major ICs, with only 35-40 of those going to velocity and control, you could get him 55-75 with most of that going to velocity and control. Throw in the fact that the conversion will be better in the minors thru OS22, I think it's safe to say that for optimal development, promoting him is not the correct answer.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

unless you need the CP's or need him to contend, which it doesn't look like you do, theres no reason to call him up until hes at least 23os. Given how poor your minors is is even more reason to leave him down as you can afford to put him at at least 14 CP's.
Lawman23

Post by Lawman23 »

Yeah I would flip the cp's on Hendley and Saunders. The latter will never be any good.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”