Time for Mergers or Contraction in Dynasty leagues?

Owner to Owner help and advice
Michael1

Time for Mergers or Contraction in Dynasty leagues?

Post by Michael1 »

Several leagues have 5 or more openings and the prospects of them filling don't look good. It is maybe a good time to contract or force mergers on leagues. Subscription leagues are also full of large opening leagues. Bots limit already limited trading partners in leagues. Is there a plan in place to eliminate the supply of teams?
WillyD

Re: Time for Mergers or Contraction in Dynasty leagues?

Post by WillyD »

We're actually in a much better place than we were a few months ago. We had multiple leagues with double digit teams for sale, but with the exception of the Vida Blue League, most leagues seem to be doing better. The Nettles Ruth League is also stuck and needs to be addressed.

One thing we need to do is for the steady/stable owners to try and join leagues with other owners of the same mind set to create more stability. We have way too many "jumpers", and if you get too many of these owners in your league at once, your league will eventually be in trouble.
danno38852

Post by danno38852 »

My limited exposure is against consolidation. I`ve been in the Speaker Wilson league several seasons now. I`m still nowhere near competing. The extra DP`s aren`t worth the mergers. The few more picks you get don`t allow for advancing. The top teams at the tie of merger stay at the top. Just my opinion FWIW but this is probably my last season there unless I see a path for contending.
lyle

Post by lyle »

I would like to see contraction personally. It has been what, 5 or 10 years since a new 1950 Dynasty League was created. Give end dates to a few old and empty leagues and create a few fresh ones.
VladimirTrump

Post by VladimirTrump »

WillyD wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 pm We're actually in a much better place than we were a few months ago. We had multiple leagues with double digit teams for sale, but with the exception of the Vida Blue League, most leagues seem to be doing better. The Nettles Ruth League is also stuck and needs to be addressed.

One thing we need to do is for the steady/stable owners to try and join leagues with other owners of the same mind set to create more stability. We have way too many "jumpers", and if you get too many of these owners in your league at once, your league will eventually be in trouble.
This website needs marketing or at least better marketing.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

WillyD wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:05 pm We're actually in a much better place than we were a few months ago. We had multiple leagues with double digit teams for sale, but with the exception of the Vida Blue League, most leagues seem to be doing better. The Nettles Ruth League is also stuck and needs to be addressed.

'
Agreed. Last year we had 170 speed teams listed and now we are down to less than 70.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

lyle wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:56 am I would like to see contraction personally. It has been what, 5 or 10 years since a new 1950 Dynasty League was created. Give end dates to a few old and empty leagues and create a few fresh ones.
Actually, the Cap Anson League is looking to do a restart as a wheel draft, 36GPD League. We've asked to start in 1950 as there are nine new owners with one old owner. We basically took over a dead league with only two functioning owners (and 14 dead teams, all of which were not listed on the board because neither of the league commissioners was functioning) to force through changes to revive the league.

If you're looking for a 1950 start, this could happen with this league.
Last edited by nuzzy62 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuzzy62

Post by nuzzy62 »

New rules for the CAL:

Hi, There will be a new 36gpd League coming into existence soon.

The rules are posted below. We already have six owners on board with a possibility of two to three more so there will be a limited number of slots. If you are interested in joining after we open it up, please post below:

Rule Settings:
36-GPD
Game Run- 34 minutes after the hour (same day-run schedule as GPL)
Minor League System 3
Injury System 3
Development Curve System 1
Retirement System 1
Batter Improvement System 3
Player Mentoring System 1
Team Mentoring System 1
Winning Percentage Modifier Off
Attribute Display Letters
Hidden Major League Improvements No
Hidden Minor League Improvements No
Catcher Rule Percentage 50%
Required Major League Catchers 2
Amateur Draftee Populate Date 11PMest after league reaches 08-01 (may change to 07-01)
Postseason Eligibility Date Before 09-01
Years Out Draft Picks can be Traded 5
Number of Days to clear the Waiver Wire 24 (since its such a fast-paced league we need to give extra days)
Pause Days after OffSeason 0
Seasons between fence adjustments 1
Seasons between stadium constructions 5
Fence distance+height down baselines 305 - 380 ft.
Fence distance+height to center 400 - 480 ft.
Sum of all fence distances+heights 1750 - 2000 ft.
Artificial turf allowed Yes

Additional Rules
AntiTanking Rule(s): Wheel Draft
Expansion Draft: Yes (Admin checking on our capabilities for doing an Expansion Draft - more to come)
Hard Reset: Yes (Admin checking on the possibility of doing a Hard Reset)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

nuzzy62 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:17 pm New rules for the CAL:

Hi, There will be a new 36gpd League coming into existence soon.
Please note that this is NOT a new league; it is an existing league that is radically re-organizing its rules. We are still not creating new leagues at this time.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dynasty leagues with 4 or more openings can merge into a 24 team league; dynasty leagues with 8 or more openings can merge into a 16 team league. 24 team Dynasty leagues with 8 or more openings can contract down to a 16 team league.

For a merge to happen, though, the votes in both leagues must be unanimous. This is one of the very few "unanimous vote" rules on the site. The reason for this is that the whole point of Dynasty leagues is that they are leagues that don't have rule changes. People can join a Dynasty league knowing their experience will be consistent. This is why merges don't happen often; all it takes is a single owner against the merge to stop it.

Naturally, the temptation is to say "One person shouldn't be able to stop the leagues from merging". Once, I did decide that two leagues were sparse enough that I was going to impose the merge even though there were a couple of holdouts. It caused me huge issues, and I am not going to do it again.

If there are two Dynasty leagues that want to merge right now, it is not too late, assuming we had unanimous agreement VERY quickly. I can hold games for those leagues, do the merge, then catch them up where they need to be if necessary.

Dynasty leagues currently eligible for a merge are:

Ty Cobb League
Billy Hamilton League
Carl Yastrzemski League
Mel Ott League
Reggie Jackson League
Joe Medwick League
Johnny Bench League

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”