Has anyone ever seen a worse performance by an A+ starting pitcher???

Owner to Owner help and advice
bygmester

Has anyone ever seen a worse performance by an A+ starting pitcher???

Post by bygmester »

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?mo ... d=13622939

I keep running him out there thinking this can't continue.

-bygmester
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth
WillyD

Re: Has anyone ever seen a worse performance by an A+ starting pitcher???

Post by WillyD »

That's up there, but I think I saw a post in the last few months of an A+ guy with an ERA north of 4.00 or so.

Man, he's really been down the stretch. I think you're leaving him in a bit too long, considering he only has a B endurance.

I usually pull my pitchers when they're tired and they've given 1 ER, or 13 combined H+BB=HBP. If I have a bad bullpen, then I might leave them in until 2 ER.
bygmester

Post by bygmester »

Thanks Willy. I'm going to adjust my settings to the one you've suggested & we'll see what happens.

-bygmester

Edit: I went to adjust my settings and they were already pretty close to what you've suggested. 3 runs or 13 combined H+BB+HBP. I dropped to to 2 runs. I'm starting to think it's just not his year.
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
-George Herman "Babe" Ruth
ArchieG

Post by ArchieG »

Just wondering, what do you use for RP?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ArchieG wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:18 pm Just wondering, what do you use for RP?
I pull my relievers immediately when tired. I also usually pull them based on effectiveness if they've given up 2 ER, or 5 ER+H+BB+HBP thru 1 inning, or 3 ER, or 7 ER+H+BB+HBP thru 2 innings.
ArchieG

Post by ArchieG »

Do you use the same settings whether you're in a competing phase or rebuilding? As in: would you leave in young pitchers longer to get them more IC's, at the risk of them getting hammered more often?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ArchieG wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:34 am Do you use the same settings whether you're in a competing phase or rebuilding? As in: would you leave in young pitchers longer to get them more IC's, at the risk of them getting hammered more often?
Sure, I change them slightly when rebuilding, but I only change the setting regarding them being tired to 3 ER at most. I'll leave in my SP's a little longer based on performance, but I won't let them stay in if they're getting killed. I try to get them 5 IP per start, letting them give up to 6 runs, or 15 ER+H+BB+HBP, thru 5 innings. It also depends on how many young relievers I'm trying to develop at the same time. Relievers needs appearances, so I'll try to get them into a lot of games, and then pull them pretty quick, so that my mentors, and other young relievers get into the game too. I also pinch hit for relievers from the 6th inning on to make sure I'm getting all my relievers chances to pitch. Note: This also helps with getting any young hitters more at-bats! Ones that may not start every day, or that are platoon guys. Sometimes you don't have an open position or CPs in the minors and you need to promote a young hitter. If you can start him vs. lefties, and then have him be the first backup to a bunch of positions vs righties, with a lot of PH opportunities mixed in, he can get pretty close to full development.

To wrap this up, if you do it this way, your SP's will get around 50 ICs (assuming a solid C+ mentoring or higher), and your relievers should get 45 ICs or so. If I have a really good reliever with high endurance that become a starter one day, I'll use him the most and get him 55+ ICs to help increase his endurance.
ArchieG

Post by ArchieG »

Great information, thanks for this Willy. I've been struggling to get young relievers enough ICs.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ArchieG wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:25 pm Great information, thanks for this Willy. I've been struggling to get young relievers enough ICs.
You're welcome!
Ty031699

Post by Ty031699 »

ArchieG wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:25 pm Great information, thanks for this Willy. I've been struggling to get young relievers enough ICs.
When rebuilding, you could have your settings set to pull your SP after 5/6 innings regardless of how he is performing then bring in a RP every inning. All your RP should get anywhere from 45-50 ic's utilizing this strategy. It also ensures that your mentor RP pitch every few games to keep the score up. If you're concerned about the health of your SP, using this strategy set to pull them after 5 IP also keeps them under 200 for the season.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”