Question on Variable Development

Post by Dogbelly »

Is this guy worth keeping?

189 Improvement Chances / 0 Improvements

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?st ... d=12792117
PhillyDynasty

Re: Question on Variable Development

Post by PhillyDynasty »

I've said this to you before elsewhere, but there is always the possibility that he is a 'bust in minors/gem in majors,' but he needs at least a full year of majors starts to determine. If you can't give him that because you are contending, then you should trade him to a team that can. If I were rebuilding (I am not), I would offer you a late second round pick, or equivalent, for him, just in case.

Bottom line: he's not worth keeping in the minors. You should start him, trade him to a team that will start him, or release him.
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Thanks Philly ... got nothing to lose.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Dogbelly wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:51 pm Thanks Philly ... got nothing to lose.
I followed up on this guy just now. Through his OS24 season, he went 2 / 290 in the minors. At OS21, he went 2 / 44 in the majors; at OS22, he went 2 / 14. In the majors at OS25 and OS26, he went 8 / 48.

So, was he a bust? Probably not, because 8 / 48 in the majors at OS25 and OS26 is fairly good, though his skills were very low.

He is 2 / 10 this season (OS27) in the minors, which I think rules out a bust in minors, gem in majors. If he had been a gem in the majors, I would have expected him to do better than 2 / 44, even at only OS21.

My guess is that he was a late bloomer, which would explain why his best improvement years have been 0S26 and OS27. If so and he gets a lot of majors ICs in the next 2 seasons, there's a chance he hits A- / B-, which isn't great, but still good considering that he started 2 /290 in the minors through OS24!

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”