Good Team Bad, Bad Team Good?

Owner to Owner help and advice
Maze

Re: Good Team Bad, Bad Team Good?

Post by Maze »

I consider defense high on my evaluation. It's rare for my team's defense to be below average. The way I see it, solid players with high mentoring can influence a team's overall performance. Also, there's a major difference playing 162 games compared to 81 games. In trial leagues, the players are already pre-determined. The trial leagues are meant to get a grasp the game flow. Developing players isn't easy. Lastly, I don't consider the Power nor Control attributes more significant than others. But I am the exception. To be successful, one must limit drafting mistakes, decide what kind of team you are striving for and learn how to find the right pieces to make the playoffs.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
WillyD

Re: Good Team Bad, Bad Team Good?

Post by WillyD »

I weight contact to control at a 4/5 ratio, and same for velocity/control. The best players I've seen in this game have been 80/100 hitters and pitchers having that same 4/5 ratio on their skills. I've seen a few with higher grades including A+ overall pitchers, but generally you're not going to get players much above a 90 overall, and the 80/100 pitcher will pitch comparable to an A+ overall pitcher, say a 96/88 or 100/84 pitcher.

100/80 hitters and pitchers are really great too. Although the hitter would need great speed (high A or A+) to get him comparable to a 80/100 hitter with A- or A speed.

So power and control are more important, but not twice as much. Don't overlook the importance of speed for hitters, and the impact the ability to bunt for hits can have on a hitters' stats. Defense should matter for your middle infielders, and make sure your OFers have good arms and your 1st baseman has solid range. Hitting takes precedence, but make sure your players are playing a position appropriate for their defensive bundle.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”