Minor Leaguer on Rest?

Owner to Owner help and advice
bahstonwedsawks

Minor Leaguer on Rest?

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

I just asked support but in case they take awhile to respond thought I'd ask here, too.

I have a minor leaguer on rest which I've never seen before. He was on rest then somehow DFA but stayed on rest...now I can't promote him, remove him from rest, nor put CP in him. Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Here is player: http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12372676
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
bahstonwedsawks

Re: Minor Leaguer on Rest?

Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

You and your goofy gaming strategy.

1 Corinthians 6:12, brother. I know you'll understand that.

Never would a major league club run their roster the way you do in the WBL. But SimD allows it and you obviously have success with it, so who am I to argue?

Good luck with this ... I'll be watching!
bahstonwedsawks

ballmark wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am You and your goofy gaming strategy.

1 Corinthians 6:12, brother. I know you'll understand that.

Never would a major league club run their roster the way you do in the WBL. But SimD allows it and you obviously have success with it, so who am I to argue?

Good luck with this ... I'll be watching!
Not sure how some guy randomly being on rest in minors, without me trying to do that (benefits me in no way), relates to the verse out of context. By the way, that verse is largely discussing sexual immorality in Corinth.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Oh, don't be coy.

You are the only owner I know who routinely rests what, half his active roster? Then signs scrubs off the waiver wire to fill the gaps and minor league openings which I know, from being in the league, has - for one reason or another - upset the apple cart of several other owners. (Not sure why.)

Anyway, yes, the verse is clearly out of context but it's usage was merely to say just because the rules allow it doesn't mean it's beneficial. And my point about this being a baseball simulation and this strategy being totally un-baseball-like remains.

However, more to your question at hand, my guess would be that Sinclair was in the offer that brought you Wolfe and, being September, the code simultaneously put the player on rest (September) and designated him for assignment (due to the trade). Looks like a glitch/bug.
bahstonwedsawks

ballmark wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:27 am Oh, don't be coy.

You are the only owner I know who routinely rests what, half his active roster?
That's incorrect. I don't rest half my active roster... usually all 25. :-) I personally don't see the logic in risking an injury even to a back-end starter or backup catcher. Most probably think it doesn't matter much, and perhaps they're right, but I'm not going to risk it. My livelihood is weighing risk vs. reward and if there's a situation with minimal risk and zero reward I'm going to pass. It's no different here.
ballmark wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:27 am Then signs scrubs off the waiver wire to fill the gaps and minor league openings which I know, from being in the league, has - for one reason or another - upset the apple cart of several other owners. (Not sure why.)

Anyway, yes, the verse is clearly out of context but it's usage was merely to say just because the rules allow it doesn't mean it's beneficial. And my point about this being a baseball simulation and this strategy being totally un-baseball-like remains.
Thanks for your opinion, but I just don't really care if my strategies mimic real baseball or not. I even told the league way back when this was being discussed that I'm fine with a max number of players on rest. It's not that difficult to make sure your stud players don't take the field and risk injury even with only a few players on rest. But that's a more time-intensive approach so I just rest them all.
ballmark wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:27 am However, more to your question at hand, my guess would be that Sinclair was in the offer that brought you Wolfe and, being September, the code simultaneously put the player on rest (September) and designated him for assignment (due to the trade). Looks like a glitch/bug.
Yes, that must be what happened because he was the guy I DFA'ed in the Wolfe deal. Weird glitch that he stays on rest and I can't do anything with him; promote/CPs/etc. Interesting.
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
bahstonwedsawks

Correction: it looks like I CAN promote him from promote/waive page but not from the normal depth chart page. Can't unrest him though unless he's promoted first.
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”