Converting to C

Owner to Owner help and advice
Frunobulax

Converting to C

Post by Frunobulax »

So, I have this rebuilding team which I bought just 2 seasons ago. My predecessor seemed to be under the impression that a catcher is not strictly necessary, unfortunately. I started to convert a player to C (http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id ... rimps=imps), but he was a bit unlucky in his conversions and projects to be a below average starter. He's OS20 now and 25% catcher (50% league minimum). I will draft this OS18 youth (yeah, I'm bad enough to have the #1 overall pick) that projects to a maxed A+ arm but is of course not a catcher. So the better course of action would be to promote the first player and focus on converting the second one. (It's a VarDev league, and as he did a bit subpar in the minors there's a chance that he'll do well in the majors, as bust in minors /gem in majors, although he's maybe not bad enough to be a clear bust.)

So, the obvious question is: Is it possible to force a non-catcher to play catcher in the majors? Ethical? Against the letter or the spirit of the rules?
(The best catcher on my team is http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12608522, the other one a waiver wire pickup, so it wouldn't be exactly tanking.)
ratman44

Re: Converting to C

Post by ratman44 »

Personally think it is bush league to go no catchers in the majors. But people do it. Had a guy in my one league do it, and I asked why would the game allow someone in the majors under the required 50% be allowed to gain experience at catcher.
It is my opinion that players should be blocked from gaining catcher experience until they are at the required experience level. If everyone else plays by the rules and plays a poor catcher since they are scarce or spend 3-4 years converting a guy in the minors then a loophole should not exist to create a really good catcher.
reddogs

Re: Converting to C

Post by reddogs »

I concur.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”