Better to make one Hard position change or two Medium position changes?

Owner to Owner help and advice
allenciox

Better to make one Hard position change or two Medium position changes?

Post by allenciox »

I have a right-fielder that I want to convert to a 3B while he is in the minors. Would it be faster to just convert directly to 3B from RF (one H position change) or to convert him first to 2B and then to convert the 2B to 3B (two M position change). I am inclined to do the first since he might have to go to majors after one game in minors before he is finished converting, and if he isn't completed at least he is partway there. Does anybody have any experience at this?
allenciox

Re: Better to make one Hard position change or two Medium position changes?

Post by allenciox »

I meant one season in minors not one game in minors! ;-)
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

I generally send outfielders into the infield via 2B. I don't know if it is better or not. But it is roughly the same time requirement and you end up with additional position flexibility along the way.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I've done it both ways and doing it the "hard" way ... with some players it just seems to take FOREVER to even get the bloody position change started! Whereas the Medium position change seems to kick into gear almost right away. Within a game or two the Player Card shows a D- at the new position.
Brutalkid

Post by Brutalkid »

I would definately go 2b first.
allenciox

Post by allenciox »

So that's what I am doing. I did do some checking on players who have made "H" position changes versus "M" ones. Medium position changes appear to covert about 1 chance in 12 on average, while H ones seem to be more like 1 in 30 to 1 in 40, so it should be more than twice as fast. Thanks, everyone for your help!

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”