Help: Players in rotation and lineup not appearing in games for playoffs

Owner to Owner help and advice
heelfan17

Help: Players in rotation and lineup not appearing in games for playoffs

Post by heelfan17 »

1st time I have encountered this, so seeing if anybody has the answer.

I traded for a few players during the season and they helped me reach the playoffs (1 of them was the MVP). For my playoff series, none of the 3 have appeared in the 3 games so far that have been played despite being in my lineup/rotation (#2 starter, middle relief A, 3B). It even shows my starter having the next starter bubble filled in (has been for games 2, 3, and now 4) and has his name listed in the schedule to start that game, but then it goes to somebody else. Unfortunately, this has really screwed me over because I ran a 4 man rotation for the playoffs (since #5 starter is never used) and now because my #2 starter won't appear in games, I am not sure who the hell they are going to throw out there in game 4 and can't make any roster changes during the series.

I noticed all of the players have pink (salmon) colored boxes and am not sure if that is the reason. I don't know if running a 4 man rotation and 9 pitchers overall somehow messed it up, but I didn't have anybody I could send down without going through waivers outside of an A- 3B that just got off the disabled list for the playoffs.

Anybody have any suggestions?
1.png
Pitching rotation
(224.58 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
2.png
Lineup
(106.11 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
Slvanlae

Re: Help: Players in rotation and lineup not appearing in games for playoffs

Post by Slvanlae »

looks like they were acquired after the trade dead line based on the color lines.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

They were all acquired after the league trade deadline and are thus ineligible for post season play.
heelfan17

Post by heelfan17 »

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Looks like my #1 starter might have to pull a Kluber and pitch games 1, 4, and 7. Somehow my worst reliever with a C endurance managed to pitch 7 innings of 1 run ball in game 5...

Doesn't seem to make any sense that trades can go through after the deadline, the players can play the rest of the regular season, but then can't play in the playoffs. Wouldn't it make more sense to just not allow any trades after the trade deadline?
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

Its basically the same as the trade rules in MLB

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”