How are retirement caps decided?

Owner to Owner help and advice
Lyrici17

How are retirement caps decided?

Post by Lyrici17 »

I have always felt a great sense of pride when a player I like retires and dons the cap of my franchise in his photo for all eternity. Usually, I have been able to mostly guess which team a player will "choose" when retiring. That's why I felt jilted and personally attacked when Cotton Pickle retired with a Montreal cap over a Colorado one. Nothing against Montreal, but Colorado is where he: spent the most time, was the most celebrated (awards), was the most productive (is arguable), and won all 3 of his WS rings.

Why does he hate us/me? Is there an equation for this? Is this a Tampa Bay/Wade Boggs type situation?
Beanballs

Re: How are retirement caps decided?

Post by Beanballs »

He spent the most time with the Milwaukee/Montreal franchise (it looks like they moved to Montreal after the 2023 season) so ABE chose that franchise (11 seasons vs 8 seasons).

Going forward will wear whatever is the current hat of the franchise regardless of the city, ABE looks at whoever he spent the most seasons with, and I believe ancedotally that service time is the tie breaker (I could be wrong on that)
The Land of Pleasant Living
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Thanks, John. I took a look at it, but didn't bother to suss out that Milwaukee **was** Montreal. Thought that the codebit had played for three teams.

Now it all makes sense.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What I really need to do is give the HOF Admin/Commish power to change the retirement cap in case the system guesses wrong.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Oh, duh. I should have been able to notice that. Thanks for the info!

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”