Question for owners in leagues with DynastyBots

Owner to Owner help and advice
Admin
Site Admin

Question for owners in leagues with DynastyBots

Post by Admin »

We have has some leagues, notably Dynasty leagues, where some teams have been controlled by DynastyBot for a while. For those of you who have played with such teams, do you feel like DynastyBot teams slowly deteriorate over time, stay about the same, or slowly improve over time?

Thank you!
Chris/Admin
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
danno38852

Re: Question for owners in leagues with DynastyBots

Post by danno38852 »

Seemingly stay about the same. If they`re here to stay I sure wish there was an ability to trade with the Bots. Even if there is a league approval requirement to either accept or reject on the bots behalf. Sure wish we could somehow. Thanks
Slvanlae

Post by Slvanlae »

Same
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I think it would be wise if one Dynasty League owner, acting as "Commissioner" for that league, could have access to manipulate the Bot's roster because there are certainly some bonehead moves the Bot makes (and doesn't make) that should be made.

I suspect, however, that the Bot would simply undo whatever this "Comissioner" did the instant it was done.
QB1TRAVIS

Post by QB1TRAVIS »

They stay about the same. I'll second ballmark in that the bot makes "some bonehead moves". Here's a real good example: http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=12800899
The bot waived an 8th overall catching prospect. Looking at their grades they may end up A overall. No real owner would ever make this decision. There should be code in place that doesn't allow a bot to waive any 1st round pick of theirs for at least five years.
spicoli306

Post by spicoli306 »

Admin wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am We have has some leagues, notably Dynasty leagues, where some teams have been controlled by DynastyBot for a while. For those of you who have played with such teams, do you feel like DynastyBot teams slowly deteriorate over time, stay about the same, or slowly improve over time?

Thank you!
Chris/Admin
Please, please, please, please, PLEASE improve the Drafting of DynastyBots!

Mickey Mantle League has a team, the Toronto Wizards, that spent their 2nd overall draft pick from the 2045 Draft on March Molina. To make matters even worse, DynastyBot only managed to get 49 IC's on him in the Minors last season (not terrible, but also not great for a #2 overall pick). And of course, to make matters even worse...DynastyBot waives the player in 2046. There is something wrong if the Draft Ranking code deems a player of his caliber (B- hitter who is OS22) as elite during the draft and then non-rosterworthy the next season.

I would be in support of an owner (or group of owners) stepping in pre-ranking for all DynastyBot teams.

As for chaperoning, I would try to limit it to small mistakes that could be managed with minimal oversight. Here are some of the type I've noticed:

1) Failure to designate CP's to achieve maximum development of the best prospects in the minors.
2) Failure to promote to the Majors at opportune times (sometimes too young, sometimes they languish in the Minors).
3) Too much play of mediocre Major League players over slightly worse young Major Leaguers that could actually develop into possible All-Stars.
Edited to add:
4) Dropping clearly valuable players like the #8 overall pick Catcher selected by the DynastyBot (as noted in the post above mine).
mattyb5000

Post by mattyb5000 »

I've noticed that the teams tend to stay about the same, or if they do improve it's typically an improvement to a mediocre level of competitiveness. I haven't seen a DynastyBot in any of my leagues past or present that made it to the post-season for example. That's just from my own experience, so I can't speak to others.
ratman44

Post by ratman44 »

My 2 cents. I think they get worse, and the reason for that is the poor drafting.

In the JJL we have 2 dynasty bots that have worked there way to the basement, then in the draft the past few years they are missing. Drafting a B- OS22 bat that is D+/B, C/B+ while there was an 17 year old C+ overall C+/B, C-/C+ who arguably was the best hitter in the draft on the board. They both passed on that guy and he fell to 8 somehow as the other owners passed on him also.

The poor drafting just sets them back, but not only that it makes the other teams in the league that much better as they get to benefit off of the dynastybot mistakes.
Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

DynastyBot teams are usually in terrible shape after an extended period of time. They might have a chance to reach .500, but usually there is no upside on these teams, and little talent.

Return to “Baseball Game Questions”