Trade partners

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

Rocko999

Trade partners

Post by Rocko999 »

Teams at the top of the standings are willing to part with pics for veteran talent.
Teams at the bottom of standings are gathering pics and selling off talent.

1) Offer a trade
2) Get counter offer if possible
3) finalize deal

Teams looking for the same things dont match up.
I am not looking for 28 yr olds and giving up my NO.1 pic,I can not counter that offer

I want to see players do a better job of finding trade partners.
Some players do all the trading here and some dont.

Please add to this as I dont know everything,just trying to help.
Jamison86

Re: Trade partners

Post by Jamison86 »

Me personally my team isn't there. I see my future and have a plan so would be willing to part with a top pick for a 26-28 year old stud pitcher. I think everyone Is different and follows there own thing which makes this great. Although its smart to post this so people don't waste your time
ptech

Post by ptech »

To be fair, sometimes I'll fit the opposite paradigm depending on where my team is. Right now, I've got an older squad, with some good young pieces, and as such I'm trying to flip vets *and* picks for youth, in an attempt at keeping our "window" open for 4-6 more seasons.

I guess what I'm saying is: you can try to guess what an opposing owner is thinking, but sometimes it's better to ask.
Royals85

Post by Royals85 »

I think each team has there own thoughts on trades and how they like to build. There are teams that will never or hardly trade and rely on the draft and others more aggressive. Each squad values there players differently as each of us values others teams players that could differ from there owners values. Trades need to be negotiated back and forth to reach a common thread. Sometimes it doesn’t happen. But the positive of your post is the league will be aware of what you’re looking for and would negotiate.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

Thank you everyone,I can now see thru your eyes what was confusing me.
I will keep an open mind when finding trading partners.
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

I think another thing that makes trading in this league more difficult is the max improvements. It just gives this league a lot of talent. Trying to get a player that will put you over the top is sometimes very hard.

For example. I've been after a bat and RP for almost 3 seasons. With very little luck.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

I hear ya on that. I was able to get A+ players in trades to keep my core solid.
Its like in poker,you go all-in
The league is full of .300 avg. players most with low power
Royals85

Post by Royals85 »

Has the league always been considered a more offense league than pitching? Or it has its cycles?
bobcats23

Post by bobcats23 »

Royals85 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:09 pm Has the league always been considered a more offense league than pitching? Or it has its cycles?
I’ve been wondering this myself.

Return to “Don Newcombe League”