I screwed up...

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

ptech

I screwed up...

Post by ptech »

...and I'll step down.
ptech

Re: I screwed up...

Post by ptech »

I've opened an urgent ticket. I should likely be removed within the next 12 hours. Admin will likely give the league an interim commish while you all vote on a new one.

I may get a site ban for this as well. Maybe that's deserved.

I offer my sincerest apologies.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

It could have worked better,if we all discussed this first.
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

I have to agree that it was a bad decision... it wasn't that the trades themselves were lopsided, they were pretty fair... the problem is that it feels like an overstepping of boundaries and looks bad even so. While I applaud your efforts to make the teams more in line with league standards and appear in a rebuilding state for future owners, it just went a step too far.

This is not a shot at you... I don't know you so I'm not speaking to that... just what it looks like. Good on you to admit the mistake, though I wish it had been handled internally and without league/admin intervention to see the implications.

Onward and forward in getting the DNL to be the awesome league that it is and can be!
ALCM

Post by ALCM »

Wait just a minute. The optics of the trades are brutal, I won't deny that. The trades themselves I felt to be quite fair and reasonable. ptech has come forward and admitted that these trades should not have happened without some sort of discussion within this group of Owner's, I applaud and admire that.

Leaders are held to a higher standard. We all make mistakes..

With that said, as an Owner in the DNL I DO NOT accept ptech's resignation at this time.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

I also dont want ptech to resign.
jthurm2

Post by jthurm2 »

I tend to agree with what everyone else is saying. On the face the trades look to be pretty fair. It's not till you pullback the drapes that you go " What?"
With that being said, I have no problem with ptech staying on as commish.

We can start a poll to keep him or replace if thats what the rest of the league wants.

The DNL is a good league with very little drama. I don't believe this little blip in time will change that.
ptech

Post by ptech »

I’m leaving this in in the hands of the admins.
262run

Post by 262run »

I have been in several leagues with PTECH for MANY seasons, and have found him to be an absolutely outstanding owner in every respect. I have never doubted his honesty or integrity in the least. He is very competitive and active, as well as quite knowledgeable. Loosing him as Commish. or as an owner would be a tragic loss for the league.

Jim~
CowboyBob

Post by CowboyBob »

I haven't been here very long, but I would give ptech another shot.

Return to “Don Newcombe League”