Sea lineup tanking with no pick

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

Jamison86

Sea lineup tanking with no pick

Post by Jamison86 »

Trying to understand sea lineup he caught up to me in standings but been tanking his lineup. I'd understand but Toronto has his pick trying to make since of it why tank to help Toronto. I've screen shotted his lineup against RHP every player left out is better im a little confused as to why you wouldn't go all out to stop someone from having the pick. Is this a league were people been in it so long they work together just want to know what i'm getting myself into. I'd post the screenshot but its it's too nm large.
Last edited by Jamison86 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
ptech

Re: Sea lineup tanking with no pick

Post by ptech »

I’ll check it out and approach admin if he’s violating any of the rules. Tanking has a specific definition re: the sim.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

I been in the league long enough to know that "Tanking" exists. I myself bat my best player 3rd,my best pitcher 1st. The rest of my lineup is "Tryouts".
The secret to rebuilding is get rid of your good vets,for draft pics. Without your good vets you will lose more,and you have more draft pics.
Toronto is a good example on how to rebuild.
Jamison86

Post by Jamison86 »

Toronto hasn't made a bad deal yet. Loaded with assets and young players. Started his rebuild 2 years ahead of when he had to and maximized on everything I have no complaints he seems to be very smart. Just keep looking at sea lineup vs rhp and trying to justify it since he doesnt have the pick. I'll let it go just seems odd.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

Look,you did the right thing by shining a light on it. Ptech does a great job of sorting things out in this league. We have new players in this league,so lets give everyone a chance to fit in.
ptech

Post by ptech »

"Tanking in System 3/4 Speed Leagues
Owners in Speed leagues that use system 3 or 4 minor league improvements must either 1) Put their team in a position to win the most games or 2) Put their team in a position to best develop major league players. It is unacceptable to develop your team only in the minors and play an entire major league roster of scrubs. If you see a team in your league that does not meet these criteria, please post a private note in Support. We then may contact the owner in question for an explanation of why he is playing the players he is playing and come to a decision."

Based on this criteria I'm not seeing "tanking" per se.
flee845

Post by flee845 »

That lineup did sort of raise my eyebrows when I saw it versus what the rest of the league is putting out there. Especially with not owning the first round pick. But I guess everybody operates their team differently. I can understand the frustration by Arizona though.

Return to “Don Newcombe League”