RL World Series

Discussions for the Don Newcombe League.

Moderator: ptech

Rocko999

RL World Series

Post by Rocko999 »

I was 10 yrs old when the Red Sox went to the world series in "67". they lost in 7
They went in "75" lost in 7
They went in "86" lost in 7
They went in "04,"07","13",and now "18" And WON.
THANK YOU RED SOX
flee845

Re: RL World Series

Post by flee845 »

Congrats and enjoy. I’m out here in Northern California and my teams are the A’s, 49ers and Sacramento Kings. Haven’t had one of my teams win one since 94 and I was a little too young to appreciate it. Boston fans have had it pretty good this last 20 years or so.
ptech

Post by ptech »

flee845 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:57 am Congrats and enjoy. I’m out here in Northern California and my teams are the A’s, 49ers and Sacramento Kings. Haven’t had one of my teams win one since 94 and I was a little too young to appreciate it. Boston fans have had it pretty good this last 20 years or so.
Sounds like me. East bay kid, born in 76. By the time I was old enough to care, the Raiders were in :A, so I became a 9ers fan. But luckily for me, I'm old enough to remember 89 and 94....and, I'm a Dubs and not Kings fan. I feel very lucky about that, but man was it a long haul to get here (thx Chris Weber).
spiderrtp

Post by spiderrtp »

Growing up in the southeast all my life, and a lifetime Atlanta sports fan has been painful in the ways we have found to lose. 15 straight playoff appearances, 1 WS title in baseball... And I still cringe at hearing the name Leyritz... From our football failures of being totally blown out by Denver, and then the painful once against NE that we try not to talk about... And do we even mention the Hawks?

At least I have Alabama football (yes, I'm originally from there and a lifetime fan, not just a Saban era fan)
ptech

Post by ptech »

It's funny, if I have a #2 team, it's the Braves. You can thank TBS for that. Slow summer day, no friends around, but always a ballgame on the Superstation. God they were awful, but I loved Dale Murphy.
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

You just have to believe someday your team will come thru. The victory will be worth the wait.
I routed for the CUBS,Atlanta should have had more than 1.
If your in bay area,SF won 3. The A's had the 70's.
I routed for Houston last year. Anything but the Yankees. :roll:
Rocko999

Post by Rocko999 »

The Duck Boats are out in Boston today 8-)

Return to “Don Newcombe League”