Wrapping Up 2194

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

Wrapping Up 2194

Post by ballmark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 pm

The season ending in the middle of the week kind of threw me for a loop. It always used to end every third Saturday. Well, that's life. The French have a saying, "La vie est dure, mais Dieu est bon!" which means "Life is hard, but God is good."

LEAGUE NEWS: I sent emails to the owners with addresses listed, hoping to get them onto the new forum, but so far only two have done so, which leaves Leonard (Seattle), jchart302 (Washington), connorf (Arizona), tigersrback (LA-NL), and caltex123 (Pittsburgh) out in the cold. I will try again to contact these owners soon; perhaps tomorrow.

Also, it looks like Brooklyn has played out the string here in the league so if anyone knows someone who'd like a smooth running no drama league, send up a flare.

+++

On to this years playoff teams!

The LA Smog took the regular season win crown with 115 W's, which is a franchise record for Johnny. Congratulations! ptech's Knuckleheads in Philadelphia came in second with 109 wins. In the NLCS, LA actually outscored Philly 36-33, but the PK's came out on top and advance to their first World Series in eight years.

Over in the AL, the LA Twins managed to come out on top in what was a banner year for SoCal fans with both LA teams winning their league in the regulation 162. It was the third year in a row Todd has made the postseason with his Twins. Rounding out our playoff four this year were the Washington Nits, with 87 wins. Their lowest win total in, like, maybe forever that still landed them in the postseason. And then they had to beat the New York Titans in the AL Tiebreaker game, NY announcing the end of their rebuild this year. And then they had to get past the Twins, but they did and we have a Washington-Philadelphia World Series. These two teams were in the Big Dance together just eight years ago, in 2186. The Nits came out on top that year.

I hope everyone has a great off season and 2195, here we come!
HBL: Cincinnati Romp*
BZL: Kansas City Clippers
GGL: Detroit Diamonds*
SYL: Texas Lonestars#
TCL: Chicago Blaze*
VSL: Tampa Bay Burn
24 Team Beta: Boston Red Sox & Seattle Aviators

# Commissioner ~ * HOF Facilitator

caltex123

Re: Wrapping Up 2194

Post by caltex123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:17 pm

I am in, thanks for the reminder!

tigersrback

Post by tigersrback » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:57 pm

I am in, thank you Mark. I can't win in the playoffs and I have never been more frustrated with the game. What a disappointing run. On to next season. What a garbage draft.

APHunter89

Post by APHunter89 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:56 pm

It's worth noting that Washington overcame a 3 game deficit with 3 to play by sweeping the Titans to end the regular season, and then won the tiebreaker by scoring 3 in the bottom of the ninth against my closer. That's a good, veteran team that knows how to win! Hopefully this will teach my young guys a thing or two about October baseball!

Congrats to all of the playoff teams, and good luck in the OS!

ballmark

Post by ballmark » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:09 pm

What an exciting World Series! Six of the seven games are one run affairs.

I'd be interested in knowing if either manager changed up their strategy during this contest that led to victory or to defeat.

ptech

Post by ptech » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:47 pm

The only strat change I made was to tell my offense to stop hitting...and they did!

mshivers

Post by mshivers » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Worth noting 40 year old Walt Fosas has moved up to 22nd on all-time HR list. I havent checked other categories.

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”