Strange

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

MidnightHurricane

Strange

Post by MidnightHurricane »

looking at my box scores I notice game 126, that my long time starting pitcher, Mike Weston, played catcher .. 601 starts as a starting pitcher and 1st time this happens .. I have 3 regular outfielders that have a health rating of C+ to B, and then 3 back up outfielders .. you would think that should cover every game .. but apparently my 3 starting outfielders had the day off, also my catcher, 2nd baseman, 3rd baseman and shortstop also had the day off .. so my back up catcher played center field, one of my back up outfielders played shortstop .. I have never seen 7 out of the 8 regular players have the day off together .. strange .. the manager should be questioned by social media
mrtwolff

Re: Strange

Post by mrtwolff »

Wow!!!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Once in every blue moon you'll get this other-worldly confluence of events where enough regulars need rest and/or people are on the DL that your bench is thin and they all get sucked into the lineup and you're STILL short so a pitcher gets called into active lineup duty.

I've seen it happen but only, like, two or three times since I've been playing and I've been on SimD for over a decade in real time years. It definitely does not happen often.

But hey, how did he do? Oh-fer?

I'll look ... yeah, but he only struck out once. And only one passed ball. Didn't even lead to any runs. Not bad!
postal99

Post by postal99 »

My teams have played over 84,000 games. I’ve had this happen 3 times. So it does happen. Rare, but it happens.
ptech

Post by ptech »

A couple seasons back, in the DNL (a couple of you have played there) my 1, 2 and 3 starters *ALL* started in the OF. No errors were committed, and one of them (a D+/D+ vs rhp) went 3/4 with a HR. Sadly, the guy who was leading the CY Young chase got hurt and missed 3 weeks....playing in the OF.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Woof ... the cruelest twist of all!

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”