2199, on the Brink of a New SimCentury

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

2199, on the Brink of a New SimCentury

Post by ballmark »

LEAGUE UPDATE:
Well, the bad news is that Napper, owner of the San Diego Gulls, is bowing out of the league in a few days. When his subscription expires, I will post the team. I am hoping that the good news is Stephen (findley80) - who owned a team in San Francisco for 86 seasons about two real time years ago - might very well be rejoining us after bowing out of another league. I have been somewhat proactive in my recruiting efforts and am hopeful it pays off to keep the league full and active. And I once again want to thank MidnightHurricane for taking up the reins of the long-vacant Brooklyn team. Congrats on your move to SF and you've already brought that team up in the standings significantly.

Now on with our 2199 recap!

+++++

Our big regular season winner this year was Eli (ptech) with a whopping 126 wins and a commanding 37 game lead over second place Arizona. That's the most wins ever for ptech, and I had to go all the way back to Sim2029 (this combined league began in Sim2019) to find another 126 win season under mattyb5000. But, as Connor pointed out in the previous post, anything can happen in a short series. This is Philly's second straight postseason berth and fourth in the last five years.

The Heatwave came in a distant second with 89 victories, their fewest wins since 2173. This will be their ninth playoff year in the last SimDecade, and they won the World Series in half those years. Winners of the last three straight World Series, connorf will be a formidable opponent, even if his squad did go 6-15 against the Knuckleheads during regulation play.

In the American League, the New York Titans captured the pennant for the fourth straight year and are in the postseason for the fifth time in the last six years. 113 wins is Joe's (APHunter89) best in 14 seasons and a team high since his rebuild.

He'll square off against Owen's (Owenatkinson) Cleveland Cuyahoga back for October baseball for the third straight year and fourth in the last five. He managed to win just 33% of his regular season games against the Titans, but is itching to get back to the Big Dance after being there just two years ago.

+++++

Both New York and Washington had a +15 W/L Differential from 2198 to 2199. Kudos to both managers, and the Nits may be back in the pennant hunt sooner rather than later.

In the Senior Circuit, even with Philly's impressive win total, the best W/L Differential was posted by San Francisco at +30, an incredibly impressive total, going from 42 wins (as Brooklyn) in 2198 to 72 wins in SF this year. Congrats!

+++++

Good luck to all our playoff teams and may ABE smile upon us all in the off season!!

-- Mark
ptech

Re: 2199, on the Brink of a New SimCentury

Post by ptech »

I know it's tough to do these at the end of each season, but they're great. Keep it up! (w/in reason)
connorf

Re: 2199, on the Brink of a New SimCentury

Post by connorf »

Agreed!

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”