Right. 2203 Before It's Over.

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

Right. 2203 Before It's Over.

Post by ballmark »

As I pulled up each of our playoff team's franchise history from your Owner Cards this morning, one thing was clear: your Prestige Rating from the Sandberg Yingling League is among the highest of your SimDynasty experience. For some, it's because you've gotten down to only owning just the one team - here in the SYL - for others, it's because you've been here longer than anywhere else. And for a few, it's simply because you've had more success here than in your other leagues. Perhaps it's our lack of Variable Development or other "challenging" wrinkles ... I like to think of the SYL as SimD, plain and simple. Whatever the reason, I appreciate it being a drama-free zone with a full league of owners competing year in and year out. Gentlemen, I thank you one and all!

+++

Well, this season, to no one's surprise, the New York Titans (there's a reason they were named "Titans") won a league-high 108 games during regulation play and then went on to handily defeat the Cuyahoga in the ALCS. This is 9 out of the last 10 years New York has been in the playoffs and 8 straight years they have sat on top of the standings come October. It will be the sixth straight year they are in the World Series, looking to capture their fourth straight Championship Title. While lots of teams have won three titles in a row, I had to go back more than 150 years to the Chicago Mountainmen to find the last time a team won four Series in a row (2048-2051). How long will they be able to keep this level of play up? Joe has exhibited a remarkable ability to swing deals to keep refreshing the pieces NY needs to maintain their dynasty.

Marc's Redlegs won 103 games last year, which was the most Cincinnati has won in a century! 2103 saw the team win 108 and that was the last time they climbed to this height. 2145 was the last time Cincy ended the regular season in first place. They've now made the postseason three of the past four years. And though it was a hard fought NLCS, the Redlegs will be watching the World Series from the comfort of their sofas.

Back in the AL, Owen's Cuyahoga logged 98 victories and have now been playing October baseball eight out of the last nine seasons. While the offense is getting a little long in the tooth, they have the pitching for at least one more year of competition and we hope they stick around but from what I read, he appears to be tiring of the game. But he's always been a stalwart here and a fantastic owner. I hope he stays for many years to come!

Finally, San Francisco brings up the rear of our playoff team quartet with 95 wins but his third straight showing in the playoffs and each time the team has advanced to the World Series. MidnightHurricane may be new to the game, but I can't name one other owner who has learned it as fast. I know I certainly didn't. Each time his opponent has been the NY Titans. Will this be the year he breaks through to win his first ever Championship Title?

W-L Variance Stats
Arizona = +12 <-- Connor knows how to rebuild!
Cleveland = +11
Los Angeles AL = +11 <-- West Coast
Los Angeles NL = +9 <-- Series soon?
Seattle = +7
Washington = +7
Atlanta = +6
Philadelphia = +4
Cincinnati = +1
Pittsburgh = <3>
Texas = <3>
New York AL = <6>
San Francisco = <10>
Baltimore = <12>
Boston = <15>
Milwaukee = <19> <-- ouch!
connorf

Re: Right. 2203 Before It's Over.

Post by connorf »

Great write up, as always.
ballmark

Re: Right. 2203 Before It's Over.

Post by ballmark »

Thank you!

And congrats to Joe on a very special four WS titles in a row!

And to MidnightHurricane (sorry, I don't know your name) --> keep the faith and keep trying! Good on you for continuing to get to this level!!

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”