Not Sure How I Feel

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

MidnightHurricane

Not Sure How I Feel

Post by MidnightHurricane »

I had a great playoff run, but this year 2 great teams were way better then mine, so I was just keeping tabs on some of my players and their stats this season instead of cheering for my team to get into the playoffs .. the pitcher I named after myself, Mike Weston .. was going into his last game of the season with 19 wins .. he is an excellent pitcher with a low whip and era usually, but doesn't complete games because is endurance isn't very high .. usually he gets pulled after 7 or 8 innings .. all that being said, in his final game heading into the bottom of the 9th, he was throwing a perfect game, and my team had a slim 1-0 lead playing in Atlanta .. perfect game alert, 20 win season on the line, I actually got nervous .. and then it happened, first batter for Atlanta reaches base on an error by my centerfielder, perfect game ruined but the no hitter still intact, so my pitcher Weston is still in the game, not pulled … Weston strikes out the next batter, then the pitcher spot up next, so here comes a pinch hitter .. Jim Genovese, a scary dude with 18 homers on the season .. and yes, he hits his 19th homer of the season .. a walk off, no hitter spoiler, a 20 game winner spoiler, 2 run homer .. Atlanta wins 2-1

taking the 5 or so minutes watching that game, made my season .. even tho it turned out not awesome for me, I think I still enjoyed it .. good luck in the playoffs
ballmark

Re: Not Sure How I Feel

Post by ballmark »

That's awesome!

I think I enjoyed your narrative more than I would have watching it!
connorf

Re: Not Sure How I Feel

Post by connorf »

That's such a tragic baseball story. That's sorta why I love this game, the unpredictableness of baseball will always get you.

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”