Revenge

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

MidnightHurricane

Revenge

Post by MidnightHurricane »

so the pitcher I named after myself, Mike Weston, in his last game of the season, 2 seasons back took a perfect game into the 9th in Atlanta and lost it with an error of my centerfielder, and then Atlanta sent up a pinch hitter, Jim Genovese, who with one swing of his bat, broke up the no hitter, broke up Westons quest for his 20th win and won the game 2-1

well, Weston faced Atlanta in his home ballpark this season and was throwing a perfect game going into the ninth, first up the batter sent a fly ball to the same center fielder who dropped the ball in that game a few season back .. he caught this one, yikes .. the second batter of the inning also sent a fly ball out to centerfield .. caught .. one out to go .. guess what? .. yes Atlanta sent up the same guy who broke San Frans heart, Jim Genovese .. he smacked a ball out to the centerfielder who caught it for the final out .. no hits, no walks, no errors no hit by pitch .. 27 up, 27 down .. a perfect game

the only complaint I have (yes, I complain a lot) in Mike Weston player card it says … no hitter .. not perfect game …
findley80

Re: Revenge

Post by findley80 »

I saw the game..congrats even if it did come against my Braves.

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”