Rather have?

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

MidnightHurricane

Rather have?

Post by MidnightHurricane »

last day of the season, I was thinking last night my pitcher who I named after myself … Mike Weston .. almost a lock to win the Cy Young, had a great year going into the final 2 starts of his season had an era of 2.01 .. I was thinking how cool would it be to finish the year with the era under 2, then I looked at the schedule, first game of the day was against Arizona .. the Heatwave .. the powerhouse of our division .. I thought about trying to adjust my rotation and avoid my pitcher from facing them to try for that under 2 era, but I was tired and decided sleep was more important .. well, I just finished looking at the boxscore they thumped me 9-2, and my pitcher got beat up like he was a rookie … 7 earn runs in 6 and 2/3 innings .. his era now sits at 2.20

goodluck to the L.A. Smog going up against the Arizona Heatwave in the division playoffs .. my question is to the American League winner .. would you rather face the Smog or the Heatwave? both sound horrible lol .. this coming from the Earthquakes lol
ptech

Re: Rather have?

Post by ptech »

Well...as a knucklehead, I know I don’t have an appropriate answer.
connorf

Post by connorf »

I think I'll lose for saying it but I'm happier facing LA then I would be Washington. Only because my rotation has only lefties and Washington's lineup looks like it destroys lefties. I lost the WS 2 years ago to Baltimore because they had a some lefty platoon hitter hit like 6 home runs.
connorf

Post by connorf »

Look at this dudes stats in that WS.
http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=127 ... s=playoffs
15 RBI's, 5 home runs. Completely destroyed me.
As I recall he had a walk off as well
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Wasn't a platoon hitter, though ... guy had 500+ AB in the regular season.

Only cranked 11 jacks in regulation play, however. Must have LOVED hitting in the spotlight against you, though. :lol:

Good luck to both teams!

I'm off work tomorrow. Will try to get the year-end write up done then.

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”