Exciting

Discussions for the Sandberg Yingling League.

Moderator: ballmark

MidnightHurricane

Exciting

Post by MidnightHurricane »

interesting last day of the season (9 games) .. 4 teams move on to the playoffs, 2 teams fall a little short .. the AL is very tight .. nail biting time .. good luck all
findley80

Re: Exciting

Post by findley80 »

Don’t think the Braves can make up 3 games in one day. Looks like we will be home in October for a second straight year. Kudos to LA and Philly.
frankum

Post by frankum »

After beginning an 8 year rebuild where the minors were pretty bare, the New York Titans have officially clinched an AL playoff birth. Finally a competitive window. Whooo.
ptech

Post by ptech »

findley80 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 am Don’t think the Braves can make up 3 games in one day. Looks like we will be home in October for a second straight year. Kudos to LA and Philly.
I dunno man...

Three games left, and everyone is w/in a game of each other. You’re only 2 out of first.

And I have a long and illustrious history of falling apart on the last day of a season. It’s only happened here once...but it’s happened way too many times in other leagues.
MidnightHurricane

Post by MidnightHurricane »

here I thought the AL would come down to the last game, but it seems that the NL will be watched by millions to see who gets into the playoffs

congrats Titans on making it in .. the rebuilds are slow and frustrating ( I am in one now … grrr) but hopefully as long as your rebuild was, your playoff run will match in length

Ptech .. that reminds me of a guy I had in another league .. he would be home run champ for the first 5 months of the season, and would disappear in the last 30 games, this happened 4 seasons that I can think of .. his best homer season he had 38 homers at 130 games, he finished with 42 .. I never ever had a guy with 50 homers before, I think my best was that 42 he hit
findley80

Post by findley80 »

The Braves, Philly and LA made it interesting but it went down the way we thought it would. 99 wins last year and 104 this year and no playoffs...tough pill to swallow. Oh well winners get it done and losers bitch and moan...wait till next year!

Return to “Sandberg Yingling League”