10 straight WS losses

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
WillyD

10 straight WS losses

Post by WillyD »

Since 2115, WAS has lost the last 10 World Series they've appeared in.

4 losses to CIN
3 losses to FLA
2 losses to STL
1 loss to MON

This post-season, both of my teams (PIT and WAS) had CIN down 3 games to 1 and failed to close out the series.
femgo

Re: 10 straight WS losses

Post by femgo »

I don't want to hurt your feelings even more but because of this WS CIN became the team with most rings in history (27) passing WAS (26).
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

femgo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 pm I don't want to hurt your feelings even more but because of this WS CIN became the team with most rings in history (27) passing WAS (26).
CIN is a beast in the playoffs.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

WillyD wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:36 pm
femgo wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 pm I don't want to hurt your feelings even more but because of this WS CIN became the team with most rings in history (27) passing WAS (26).
CIN is a beast in the playoffs.
Not an eight legged one though.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

It never is easy here, especially in the NL East! I think my settings help me long term developing players, and helps me short term in the playoffs (we play our best and not concentrate on ICs), but they hurt me in the regular season and with awards since I focus on development.

I was just looking at the Cleveland/Oakland franchise, .519% alltime, 61 playoff appearances, 4 WS appearances, and 0 titles!
The Land of Pleasant Living
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Beanballs wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:44 pm It never is easy here, especially in the NL East! I think my settings help me long term developing players, and helps me short term in the playoffs (we play our best and not concentrate on ICs), but they hurt me in the regular season and with awards since I focus on development.
I think most of the owners here (that are in the playoffs consistently) are focusing on player development. We just do it in a different way. I'd rather have a couple young guys get 55-60 ICs playing part time, than getting a handful of guys getting 40-55 ICs.
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Oh yeah, my comment was not directed at others developing players, rather at the way that I choose to do it and the regular season consequences.

In a game that is basically about having limited assets and how to gain/develop assets there is more than one way to skin a cat and be successful.

And while luck is not a component of the game, it sure appears that ABE has it for Washington...
The Land of Pleasant Living
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

When I first started playing SimD I thought it was a straight baseball simulation game ... took me awhile to understand the heart of the game is a draft & develop core, though those who can wheel & deal can also find success.

Now I know it to be a mix of all three, but I still believe it to be heavy on the D&D, with maybe a 60-30-10 mix (draft & develop, baseball sim, other strategies).

Return to “24 Team League”