Getting re-acquainted with the 8 legged beast!

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
phishingtrip

Getting re-acquainted with the 8 legged beast!

Post by phishingtrip »

I manage to saw off something like 5 of it's legs and yet it was able to put on a rally cap and avoid elimination. I need to end this thing before those legs regenerate!
phishingtrip

Re: Getting re-acquainted with the 8 legged beast!

Post by phishingtrip »

If only I could graft a few of these arms on to Gary Shopay, he's defense has been suspect in the series, 4 errors at 3rd base.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Well lump off their final arms and serve them with chips, we escape the beast for the second straight year. Covelski beats Appling in a shocker.
Femgo, it's always difficult to get by you. Now to Washington where fake news is what we need to propagate to get past that Wily D :)
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Admittedly, neither my Boston nor Seattle teams were really strong this year and the fact they both made the playoffs was a bit of a surprise. So it is no surprise at all that Boston was unable to get past the Washington juggernaut. WillyD has had my number for year after year after year.

Bring home another one, Bill!
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Get that defibrillator off of me... the series is over. I was sure Abe was going to feed me the dreaded 3-0 flop. Alas Wily Willy had to go with someone we had scouted very well from his time in St Lou. Great effort Willy, it's always rewarding to out-manage you, and we all know it doesn't happen often.
Good season everyone. To the OS!
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Congrats Phish!

We were the underdog that series...glad we made it exciting! Still hunting for that elusive #20.
femgo

Post by femgo »

A little late but congrats phishingtrip, it is hard to beat your pitching rotation.
Hopefully we can meet again this season with a different result.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

phishingtrip wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 am I manage to saw off something like 5 of it's legs and yet it was able to put on a rally cap and avoid elimination. I need to end this thing before those legs regenerate!
Ugh...we were only able to cut off 2 legs this season. It used them as decoys as the other 6 arms closed around us from behind.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Oh man, I'm not counting my chickens before they are hatched against that Miami machine, but I'm not looking forward to a potential matchup against those tentacle covered arms.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

That was as hard fought of a 7 game series as it gets! Cudos to Miami, time to set sail around the bay to battle the 'pus! I never look forward to these!

Return to “24 Team League”