Pirates back on top

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
phishingtrip

Pirates back on top

Post by phishingtrip »

After a two year hiatus Pirates claim back the trophy! Well done Willy!
WillyD

Re: Pirates back on top

Post by WillyD »

Thanks Phish!

3 titles in 5 years...Pittsburgh fans are just not used to all of this winning! A little more of this and we risk becoming hated like the Patriots. Not sure if becoming the Evil Empire in the 2TL would be a good or bad thing, but it certainly could be fun! We do have the alternate black uniforms...maybe we'll start wearing those on the road more often, especially in St. Louis.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

That Pittsburgh ball club makes me see a red door and I want to paint it black!
No one can be hated or loved more than the Patriots. :) It's clearly an un-repeatable dynasty run! I don't know what Gisele is feeding Tom but he is showing no signs of slowing. Plus
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Milt Adams had a rough season. When you beat him twice and Breeding once, then you deserve to move past the Braves...
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Oh, hello again Pirates, pleasure to meet your acquaintance again. Shame that it's my turn to win this year. I believe that's the agreement we made with Abe, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps there was some unilateral agreements I wasn't privy to.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

The dreaded 3-1 flop! My condolences WIlly, I know how bad those sting. Milt Adams getting his groove back with another Game 7 win! Here we go, big dance time!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Congrats to you - again - phish!! What a sweep!!

I cannot win this thing for love nor money. Thank God I don't actually pay to play Beta.
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

Hey Ballmark, thank you. The NL has been tough to get past. It didn't look good when we were up 2 and the AB train of Adams and Breeding hadn't pitched yet. The twin towers are getting older though, when will they crumble?
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

phishingtrip wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:45 pm Oh, hello again Pirates, pleasure to meet your acquaintance again. Shame that it's my turn to win this year. I believe that's the agreement we made with Abe, feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Perhaps there was some unilateral agreements I wasn't privy to.
LOL

We were just keeping you on your toes so you'd be primed for the W.S.

Return to “24 Team League”