Updates to News page

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
Admin
Site Admin

Updates to News page

Post by Admin »

The News page now has filters to focus on a particular year and/or team. Prior to this, clicking "Older news" would retrieve all news back to 1950 which would take forever for leagues that have been around a hundred seasons, and tended to crash mobile browsers.

If you are in a league with three seasons or less of news, it will show all of the news. (This is primarily for Trial leagues, although recently merged leagues will see it too.)

The current season will show from the current date to the same date a season back; all other seasons will show only that year from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ballmark

Re: Updates to News page

Post by ballmark »

THIS is a welcome addition, my man.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

This was a great idea!
Beanballs

Post by Beanballs »

Looks great! I also liked in the past when you clicked the "News" header at the top it automatically went to the current default news page, you didn't have to mouse over "News" then click on "This Year". Could this return Chris?
The Land of Pleasant Living
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Beanballs wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:37 am Looks great! I also liked in the past when you clicked the "News" header at the top it automatically went to the current default news page, you didn't have to mouse over "News" then click on "This Year". Could this return Chris?
This is done.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The news page will now show 5 years rather than 1 year for categories that are likely to have less entries in any one year by default, or allow you to select up to 10 years at a time.

Chris
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I'm wondering if it needs an "American League" and "National League" added to the Filter List...?

Return to “24 Team League”