Florida Meltdown - Boston Believes

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
femgo

Florida Meltdown - Boston Believes

Post by femgo »

We just had one of the worst meltdowns in the history of our league.
Game 6 - winning the series 3-2, we had a 4-0 advantage on the bottom of the 9th...2 walks and 4 singles later the game finished 5-4 Boston (at one point we were 2 outs away from a WS title).
And of course in game 7 Boston won 2-0.
Game 6 http://beta.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp ... reid=83039
:(
WillyD

Re: Florida Meltdown - Boston Believes

Post by WillyD »

The Prince may get stripped of his title after that blown save. My condolences to FLA, and congrats to BOS.

The AL is on the comeback trail in the WS totals!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

**75** runs scored in that World Series!!

Against two of the top 4 pitching staffs in the entire league.

Musta been hella tired arms is all I can say.

It was Prince's 112th appearance of the season. A career high. Team physician has ordered him not to even *think* about picking up a baseball until after the first of the year, lest he risk blowing out that 26yo arm.

Boston happy to be back, making it 2 out of 3 and 4 in a row for the AL, trying to counter the National League's 7 in a row prior to this streak.
femgo

Post by femgo »

2 seasons later, Prince wins game 7 of the world series against the same Boston and redeem himself.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Congratulations, Florida!!

I wound up in the hospital for the last 5 days and it was about all I could do to bring up the game schedule on my phone and refresh it every now and then and cheer from afar.

Got home late Saturday evening and by then it was too little, too late to bother with adjusting any settings or lineup or rotation so I just let it ride.

Glad to see Prince redeem himself. My man - Frank Smart - proved to be a "dumb" choice, tossing a 9.00 ERA over 5 games and 4 IP in the World Series. Ah, well.

Hey, let's do it again in about 8 hours, eh? Maybe I'll last the whole season this time....
femgo

Post by femgo »

Thanks, I hope you are well now!

I don't think my team can come back to the World Series any time soon, my rotation is getting old, but you never know.

Return to “24 Team League”