Keep an eye out

Discussions for the 24 Team League.
Admin
Site Admin

Keep an eye out

Post by Admin »

I've had to make massive changes to a large number of code chunks today. It's possible something broke, although no errors are showing. Please be sensitive to anything that seems different that isn't something I've mentioned changing.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
femgo

Re: Keep an eye out

Post by femgo »

My player steals home on the last game we played. (http://beta.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp ... &cityid=27)
I was watching on dynasty vision and it was pretty cool, but a little strange since was the first time I saw it. The whole sequence:

We had bases loaded - 1 out
Hal Kress strikes out.
Mike Wood scores. (I was thinking: "wtf?")
Mike Wood steals home

At first I thought it was bugged because the score message appeared before the steal home message, but now I think it was pretty nice this way because it caught me by surprise like a real steal of home does. So I'm not sure if the order of messages is what it is supposed to be.

By the way my setting for steal of home with 1 out is conservative, but my decision weight for situation is just 20 (speed and catcher arm is the main factors for me).
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Mike Wood steals home!

This is awesome.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

femgo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:53 pm My player steals home on the last game we played. (http://beta.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp ... &cityid=27)
I was watching on dynasty vision and it was pretty cool, but a little strange since was the first time I saw it. The whole sequence:

We had bases loaded - 1 out
Hal Kress strikes out.
Mike Wood scores. (I was thinking: "wtf?")
Mike Wood steals home

At first I thought it was bugged because the score message appeared before the steal home message, but now I think it was pretty nice this way because it caught me by surprise like a real steal of home does. So I'm not sure if the order of messages is what it is supposed to be.

By the way my setting for steal of home with 1 out is conservative, but my decision weight for situation is just 20 (speed and catcher arm is the main factors for me).
I can see the reason the messages are in the order they are, but it's an easy workaround (I think). I have it set now that there will be a "There goes the runner on third!" message, followed by the safe or out, followed by the score if safe. Of course no idea how long it'll be before it gets tested again.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “24 Team League”