Possible AGL and GFL merger

Discussions for the Gibson Feller League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Vinnland

Re: Possible AGL and GFL merger

Post by Vinnland »

if Toronto drops out that puts us at 16.maybe we can go back to a regular 16 teams.just a thought
matthewlee3

Post by matthewlee3 »

I agree with Vinnland. I don't see much of a reason to shut the whole thing down when we have 17 active owners, just because we can't keep it at 24. I think the idea that the 17 of us will scatter to prop up different leagues is rather unlikely, considering I think we can all see the direction the site is trending. I'd rather be in a league where there are 17 (or 16) of us active than join a different league with 4-6 dead teams, which is the case for so many of them at this point.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

My point is that this league likely needs to change significantly whether we merge, shrink, or disband. If we actually chose league to split up into together, we would still be in full leagues.

Like the expansion draft league that has 6 openings ... the Babe Ruth League. It is a perfect spot for 6 of us to slip in and fill that league out. It is a term league instead of subscription, so you know you are getting 16 committed guys for 8+ months.
CCondardo

Post by CCondardo »

I was in the Babe for years - good league.

As previously stated, I'm out after this season.

~Corey
Zaghead66

Post by Zaghead66 »

Absolutely lets merge... Save 24 team league
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

The Jumbo Brown League has 3 openings. 24 team league 15-1 minors and a very good ownership group.
Zarek

Post by Zarek »

Doesn't seem like anything I happening so I'm going to quit spending money on this league. I've stuck around this long to see what happens.

Return to “Gibson Feller League”