Possible AGL and GFL merger

Discussions for the Gibson Feller League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

Possible AGL and GFL merger

Post by Hamilton2 »

It looks like Admin is starting to work on this project now. Is everyone still interested in a merge if we can pull it off?
matthewlee3

Re: Possible AGL and GFL merger

Post by matthewlee3 »

As an owner in both, I just wanted to point out that it's not a great match due to the minors system that AGL employs (full minors of 25 players all get full development). The talent level of the AGL teams will be notably higher than the ones here.
Zaghead66

Post by Zaghead66 »

Howwould that work as far as rosters? would everyone keep their rosters and draft picks? would defunct teams and palyers just disappear?
CCondardo

Post by CCondardo »

As previously stated it would make sense for me to bail if a merger happened. The blizzards are going to hang on for as long as they can without trading picks from here on out, but with the most recent World Series win I’m content to depart when a merger happens (been planning to call it quits for a while but the team has hung on, I think a merger is the right call!

~Corey
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

We are down to 17 active teams right now ... If Corey leaves that will put us at an even 16.

I'm currently in 5 leagues and I'm on the fence about how long to hold out here.

How would you 17 guys feel about just shuttering the Gibson Feller League and purchasing up teams elsewhere? I know that there is time and energy and commitment to whatever has gone on here. Maybe Admin will give us some $ credit if we agree to close out the GFL and we all take vacant spots in other leagues.

For instance, there are 9 openings in the Orlando Cepeda League, which requires 64 owners to properly run in its ladder format. If we left the GFL and we took all of those teams, the OCL would be full again and the whole site would benefit.

The jumbo brown league needs 2 owners. They have similar rules to the GFL (I'm already in over there). It is a 24 team league.

The Andres Galleraga League has 7 openings as well. I'm not sure if we are a great fit for a merger with them or not given our different rule sets.

Quite frankly having this many open teams is just not very enjoyable and something needs to change! :)
scorpiorc

Post by scorpiorc »

As much as I hate to say it, maybe shuttering the GFL is for the best. Having so many unowned teams really takes the fun out of it, so I'd ok with closing things up.
Napper

Post by Napper »

I would be ok with closing things up.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Before anyone goes and cancels a subscription or anything, I'll reach out to Chris/Admin and see what the best options are for us. I don't want to do something drastic if we are not 100% on board here. :)
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I'm in the JBL with Hamilton, it's a very solid league!

We also have 6 teams available for an expansion draft in the Babe Ruth League.

We use: System 5 minors, 9 GPD, variable development, and we have a free renewal prize for the team with the best regular season record over a 12 season term.
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

Hate to see one of the few 24 team leagues close down. I prefer the 24 team format.

Return to “Gibson Feller League”