This is my last season in the GFL

Discussions for the Gibson Feller League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Hamilton2

This is my last season in the GFL

Post by Hamilton2 »

Sorry folks. We have dwindled down to nothingness. There are barely 16 owners who even occasionally check in at this point. I'm not going to continue sinking money into this league. I have cancelled my subscription and will list the Colorado franchise as available once the postseason is completed.

I will post a support thread that Admin will need to appoint a new commissioner in this league. It just isn't fun when there is no activity and little to no prospect of change.

I would be glad to welcome 1 of you into the Bob Horner league, as I posted previously.

I also think it would be beneficial for one of you to look at joining the Jumbo Brown League where the Detroit Franchise is available. Thanks all!

Peace out.
MidnightHurricane

Re: This is my last season in the GFL

Post by MidnightHurricane »

well, I just bought a team .. you think being the commish you could have posted this message in the comment section of potential buyers .. I just sunk my money into this league
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

MidnightHurricane wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:19 pm well, I just bought a team .. you think being the commish you could have posted this message in the comment section of potential buyers .. I just sunk my money into this league
I posted it as soon as I decided it. If you want to transfer to another league I can't see any reason why admin wouldn't make that happen. We had 10 teams listed for sale when you bought in. Little to no activity in the message boards. Would you like for me to notify admin that you want out with a refund?
MidnightHurricane

Post by MidnightHurricane »

well when i bought the team i counted 7 un owned teams. you being the commish, should have tried harder to recruit more owners or made an effort to recruit a new commish if you knew you were leaving .. guessing you knew well before i joined you were leaving, or maybe it was a snap decision after your 120 win team lost out in the semi finals .. i took a quick look at the hall of fame, that is usually a tell tale sign that the league commish doesn't take pride in his league .. time for new blood

i bought in for a few seasons .. so the money isn't much ... if the league folds or doesn't get better .. no worries .. i like the challenge to turn a team around, hopefully we will get new owners that are willing to play the game and have some fun
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

I will defend Hammy here. He's a good guy who has invested heavily into SD. Many teams have been available for a while, and as commish in another league, I understand hitting the wall with a league.

I love the 24 team format and look forward to the next era with the owners who remain.
Vinnland

Post by Vinnland »

Hammy has my vote too.he has always exceeded whatever challenges have been put before him. if we aren't happy there are 166 leagues to choose from including trial leagues and even football.so yeah any criticisms here I'm taking with a grain of salt.im am the Commish of DEL which has a long and storied history itself and a having to work with admin to shut the doors now is quite sobering. Operator Error in this league is non existant
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

Thank you, gentlemen. I appreciate sincerely your support.

I understand how MidnightHurricane feels though. It is a bit rummy to buy into a league and have a long time owner and league commissioner bow out so soon.

You all know that I've been contemplating this for some time. I still think the best course for this league in general is to fold up and disperse into multiple other leagues. We have some great owners here, but with 10+ inactive teams it really just kind of kills any sense of competition.

The 14 remaining could likely co-ordinate the hunt for a new league and join en masse, improving and perhaps even completely filling up one or more leagues and eliminating 10 openings (really, taking 14 other teams and dropping the 10 active from our list would clear 24 teams from the needed owner list!)

It is only a suggestion. I understand if you want to soldier on and continue here. I like this league's rules and style. It just seems to be getting worse rather than better site-wide.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

The JBL has 3 openings it's a 24 team league 15-1 minors no tanking rules and we have some of the best owners on the site. If you have any questions please feel free to u2u me. We have Houston, Washington and Boston open.

Here is the owners list: http://simdynasty.com/leagueinfo.jsp?lid=4229

Return to “Gibson Feller League”