League ownership at 14

Discussions for the Gibson Feller League.

Moderator: Hamilton2

Zaghead66

League ownership at 14

Post by Zaghead66 »

I don't know if it has been done before but can we reert to 16 team league. maybe have a dispersal draft of the inactive teams. Or just eliminate them completely
matthewlee3

Re: League ownership at 14

Post by matthewlee3 »

It's happened to one of my leagues before. Basically Admin would take the active teams and relocate them into a brand new league with all history wiped out. I would be fine with this option, except Admin doesn't seem to be doing much of anything these days.
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

We have three spots open in the JBL if anyone is interested. Very active league especially on the trade front with many of the best owners in SD here.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

mr1313 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:06 pm We have three spots open in the JBL if anyone is interested. Very active league especially on the trade front with many of the best owners in SD here.
This remains the best option for those of your currently monitoring your teams. Just find an active league elsewhere to join. There isn't anything I can do about the state of this league. We have been running with 6+ abandoned teams since basically 1978 (8 years after the merger to go to 24 teams). I know the site lists me as the commissioner. I opened a ticket to be replaced in that role back in November. So ... sorry boys. Your best option may be to jump ship, let the old GFL fade away, and participate actively in other leagues, such as the JBL.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

If Admin shrinks this league, I will probably leave. League resets just irritate the living crap out of me.
co_daddy

Post by co_daddy »

I'm just a chaperone here, but am a permanent owner in 5 other leagues.

If folks are looking for a good, active league, I'd say the Joe DiMaggio League (3 openings) or Ramirez Berra League (2 openings) or Mark Fidrych League (1 opening). The JDL is my favorite of the 3 with openings.
Hagman9

Post by Hagman9 »

The league is still struggling with ownership. Any ideas on how to boost new owners? SimDynasty is full of partially filled leagues. It would be nice if Admin could figure out an incentive for some of the poorest populated leagues to fill ones with a few holes.

Return to “Gibson Feller League”