Guess I'll stick around

Discussions for the Jumbo Brown League.

Moderator: mr1313

gannable

Guess I'll stick around

Post by gannable »

To get my sports fix

Hockey is the only sport I will watch going forward.
And the Flyers are putting forth a disgraceful display in game 7.

They're making the Isles look like the 1982 Islanders. Is that Mike Bossy, Denis Potvin, Briant Trottier, Bob Nystom, etc on the ice?

I'm having flashbacks to being a 6 yr kid and watching the Islanders beat the Flyers in 1980 in game 6 for the Stanley Cup on an offsides goal in OT. Set the tone for my sports viewing life and eventually simdyansty career.

F.. Leon Stickle

Oh well, hockey starts again in december so I can be tortured once again.
GreenAndGold

Re: Guess I'll stick around

Post by GreenAndGold »

Real life baseball got you down? Phillies fan?
gannable

Post by gannable »

Phillies are my team but I haven't really cared since 2011

too much side garbage associated with sports. I can only tolerate hockey.

Besides watching sports is a waste of time.

REgardless of anything else, now I view spending 2,3,4 hours to watch a baseball or football game as a lost opportunity cost to do something productive.
Last edited by gannable on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

gannable wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:15 pm Hockey is the only sport I will watch going forward.
I'm done with all sports. The obvious support and pandering to communist groups is right out in the open for all to see. That and the fact that they purposely were used to help get everyone afraid of a completely fake pandemic by shutting down their seasons. I won't watch another game, ever.
gannable

Post by gannable »

WillyD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 am
gannable wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:15 pm Hockey is the only sport I will watch going forward.
I'm done with all sports. The obvious support and pandering to communist groups is right out in the open for all to see. That and the fact that they purposely were used to help get everyone afraid of a completely fake pandemic by shutting down their seasons. I won't watch another game, ever.
I totally agree, including the phony pandemic that may never end because the sheep believe anything thats told to them on the TV set.

Now, I believe the TV set is the most horrible invention every created because you can make the entire population believe anything.

I'm from Philly but now I live in Phoenix... which sux.
Anyway, Phoenix is the heart of the pandemic. You'd figure you'd see people dropping in the streets in the 1300s with the Black Plague. I haven't even seen anyone cough of sneeze
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

When they came out with the boneless chicken wing and people bought into it, they knew that they could convince people of anything.
gannable

Post by gannable »

JTMoney wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 pm When they came out with the boneless chicken wing and people bought into it, they knew that they could convince people of anything.
good point, hadn't considered that one.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I am 100% in support of this conversation. I'm having a tough time not watching my Cubbies - but I am on full boycott. No politics in sports or I'll never watch or buy anything to support their commi BS again.

Return to “Jumbo Brown League”