Guess My Team Sucks

Discussions for the Jumbo Brown League.

Moderator: mr1313

MidnightHurricane

Guess My Team Sucks

Post by MidnightHurricane »

3 days ago .. I posted a message saying I am going to rebuild ,, I was hoping for some action, some decisions, and a plan going forward ... I posted I think 12 guys on the trade market with a few thoughts of them ... well I received one offer, the owner wanted 3 of my guys under 30 ( only one of them is on the trade desk ), and offered me 2 prospects and 2 old guys that should have been retired .. not at all what I thought was going to happen .. so that leaves me the thought, my team is old, not good, and has no future .. so when I wake up tomorrow morning, just before the season starts I am taking everyone off the trade market and try and win this season..
lemaster

Re: Guess My Team Sucks

Post by lemaster »

I think I need only one guess on which team sent the crappy offer.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I thought about sending an offer over, but none of the hitters or relief pitchers were really the right fit. Plus, being a Red Sox fan, the thought of having players named after Toronto Blue Jays on my team didn't feel right.
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

I don't know if its the size of the league or what but I had the same problem so I just played it out till they were all old and weren't worth as much then I could make some deals
MidnightHurricane

Post by MidnightHurricane »

tonight I received a private message from another owner in this league calling me a jackass and a douche bag .. I am here to announce when my next payment is due .. June 27th .. I will no longer be in the league ..
mr1313

Post by mr1313 »

First off you can't expect teams to come to you if you want to move players you have to be proactive about it send out offers to owners that your players will fit on their team. To expect a flood gate of offers for older players isn't the way this works. You can't run a team into the ground with players 1 to 2 years away from decline and expect a grand sell off, it's not going to happen anywhere. Also it's a shame that you let one bad apple ruin the league for you.
allvols

Post by allvols »

I don't see any of your players on the trade desk.
I could use a couple of them.
Also I wouldn't expect a lot of activity over the memorial day weekend.
gannable

Post by gannable »

I didn't see anything in your posts on the message board to warrant being called a jackass and doucebag.
- at least you made an effort to get trade conversations going.

If that was their reason then they're the jackass and doucebag.
JTMoney

Post by JTMoney »

Just normal trade frustrations not sure why anyone would message you, I would hope that person would apologize, I like this league because its different than my other leagues, plus i suggested the name so i had to return for another go around I am determined to win a JBL championship and have some secret squirrel type of strategy I'm going to try here in a few years once i get the horses fed.......
swope81

Post by swope81 »

MidnightHurricane wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 am tonight I received a private message from another owner in this league calling me a jackass and a douche bag .. I am here to announce when my next payment is due .. June 27th .. I will no longer be in the league ..
It wasn't a private message, it was a trade offer. After you sent an insulting trade decline when obviously you don't know how to read a trade offer. The old guys are called 'filler'. The young stud prospects were the real offer. I thought at this point everyone knows that.

Yes, I do know what 'rebuild means'. And for the record, I said 'Learn to read a trade offer before you act like a douche bag', not 'You are a douche bag'. Not quite the same as calling you one, but I can see how it's upsetting.

I did call him a jackass, not the worst thing in the world. But I get it.

I did apologize for my end of it.

So yes guys, it was me. I know I overreacted, I'm not a bad guy. But there are always two sides to every story.

But if MidnightHurricane wants to play the victim, I'll be the bad guy.
Last edited by swope81 on Tue May 29, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Jumbo Brown League”