BIG TRADE

Discussions for the Jumbo Brown League.

Moderator: mr1313

WillyD

Re: BIG TRADE

Post by WillyD »

I agree, the Warriors got lucky to come away with a win. Iguadola is a great defender, and any game he's out is a game the Cavs can win.

LeBron is a great player, but his on the court antics make it almost impossible for people who aren't fans of current team to route for him.
stahler72

Post by stahler72 »

Bob, could you please not use the caps lock key all the time. It is painful to try and read.

On behalf of what I can assume is pretty much everyone. Thank you.
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

bobwickman139 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:14 pm HA ! IT WAS TO THE CONTENDING TEAMS MOSTLY. I HAVE ALOT OF GOOD MIDDLE AGED GUYS WHO CAN WORK FOR A GOOD TEAM
I didn't get an offer. I guess my team is neither contending nor good. :lol:
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

WillyD wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 pm I agree, the Warriors got lucky to come away with a win. Iguadola is a great defender, and any game he's out is a game the Cavs can win.

LeBron is a great player, but his on the court antics make it almost impossible for SOME people who aren't fans of current team to route for him.
Fixed.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

That's why I said almost impossible. Some people can overlook the whining to the refs as the opposing team goes down the floor 5 on 4. Or the multiple forearm shoves as he drives down the lane, or the constant put-downs of his teammates.

Easiest guy to route against since...............still trying to think of someone...
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

WillyD wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am That's why I said almost impossible. Some people can overlook the whining to the refs as the opposing team goes down the floor 5 on 4. Or the multiple forearm shoves as he drives down the lane, or the constant put-downs of his teammates.

Easiest guy to route against since...............still trying to think of someone...
Oh, you must be talking about Harden--That is why Lebron will be on the team
everybody else dislikes---HOUSTON--- :D
thatrogue

Post by thatrogue »

WillyD wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 am That's why I said almost impossible. Some people can overlook the whining to the refs as the opposing team goes down the floor 5 on 4. Or the multiple forearm shoves as he drives down the lane, or the constant put-downs of his teammates.

Garnett? His on-court antics against other players, and whining on the court was tremendously annoying. Jordan constantly berated his teammates in practice, actually fought with some of them, shoved Byron Russell for the game winning shot in his final Championship, and was a notorious gambler and womanizer. Kobe was brutal towards his teammates, allegedly drove Phil Jackson to quit, got Shaq sent out of town, and had some pretty bad off-court issues. Speaking of Shaq, he was a bully on the court, and used his size to intimidate and overpower opponents (similar to your complaint against LeBron). Bird talked more trash than almost anyone who's played the game (maybe until Garnett), even to his own teammates (he once told his team "Do you want to win? Then give me the ball and get out of the way." - Which I think is about as funny as you can get, because it's kind of true. LOL).

Many of the great superstars of the NBA were pretty annoying, and a few of them were not good guys. I rooted for Lebron to win when he was with Miami, partly because people behaved like "The Decision" was some sort of criminal act. I root against his Cleveland team, because my wife is from the Bay Area and I've grown to appreciate and enjoy the Warriors (I find that they're the most fun & exciting basketball team to watch since the 80's Lakers). But LeBron has a LOT of fans out there who don't find it almost impossible to root for him...which is why I put the clarification in your statement.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I Love watching the Warriors. Hoping for a 4-1 series win on their home floor.

Return to “Jumbo Brown League”