New Owner list and Expansion Draft status

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

WillyD

Re: New Owner list and Expansion Draft status

Post by WillyD »

MDorf wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:20 pm I'm excited about an active league full of good owners, and the wheel draft is intriguing. The only thing I am not looking forward to is ranking 9 teams worth of players for the expansion draft. That is going to take some time.
We're going to pause the league after the expansion draft is populated. It's an arduous process even for 4 or 5 teams worth of players. Ideally, it populates tomorrow and we pause it, and then re-start the league and have the draft on Saturday, with the amateur draft on Sunday.
Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 »

WillyD wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm
MDorf wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:20 pm I'm excited about an active league full of good owners, and the wheel draft is intriguing. The only thing I am not looking forward to is ranking 9 teams worth of players for the expansion draft. That is going to take some time.
We're going to pause the league after the expansion draft is populated. It's an arduous process even for 4 or 5 teams worth of players. Ideally, it populates tomorrow and we pause it, and then re-start the league and have the draft on Saturday, with the amateur draft on Sunday.
I think that all of the "renewing" owners have to be paid in order to populate the draft. I might be wrong though, I know you are working closely with Chris and I don't want to step on toes.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Hamilton2 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:43 pm
WillyD wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm
I think that all of the "renewing" owners have to be paid in order to populate the draft. I might be wrong though, I know you are working closely with Chris and I don't want to step on toes.
True. We have 2 owners that need to pay, including myself. I'll pay up tonight.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Baltimore is paid and in. Happy to hear draft is on this weekend. The wife is out of town all weekend starting on Friday and I can devote all the time necessary!
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

Should be interesting to see where everyone is slotted in the expansion draft. With 8 teams making selections, there is a big difference between having the 1st to pick in the starting pitcher group vs. the 8th pick.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

loonatic wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:00 pm Should be interesting to see where everyone is slotted in the expansion draft. With 8 teams making selections, there is a big difference between having the 1st to pick in the starting pitcher group vs. the 8th pick.
9 teams now.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

All the current owners are paid up, so the league date should change to 3/26 later today. I'll message admin at that point to pause the league so the new owners have until 2:00 pm on Saturday to rank the expansion draft. The amateur draft would then run the following day on Sunday at 11:32 am.

Per the game manual:
Expansion owners will have at a minimum of 24-48 hours to prepare for the Expansion Draft. The Expansion Draft script runs every day at 2PM. After the OffSeason runs for a league, the league date is set to 03/25. The first time the Expansion draft script runs, the date will be set to 03/26 if a league has a total of 16 renewed owners and expansion owners. The next day when it runs, the Expansion Draft will run; the league date will remain 03/26. The Amateur Draft will run at the next time slot after that (for most leagues, this will be the next day). If a league has a pause day, that would be in effect after the Amateur Draft. The new season then starts the following day.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

The league is paused. Hopefully everyone can still rank the expansion draft. If anything thing looks off, send me a PM ASAP.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Weird.

Yesterday league flipped to 3/26 and I was able to rank the draft and all the expansion teams were moved up into the active slots like we were all now part of the new league alignment.

This morning the draft rankings are still there but the league has flipped back to 3/24 and all the old owners are back in place and we are still all listed as Expansion Teams at the bottom of the owners list.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ballmark wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:25 am Weird.

Yesterday league flipped to 3/26 and I was able to rank the draft and all the expansion teams were moved up into the active slots like we were all now part of the new league alignment.

This morning the draft rankings are still there but the league has flipped back to 3/24 and all the old owners are back in place and we are still all listed as Expansion Teams at the bottom of the owners list.
Chris had to change the league date to pause the league. It had to be a date that didn't initiate an unwanted action. It would be very cool if the commissioner had a pause button.

Return to “Frank Robinson League”