pinch running for pitcher

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

MDorf

pinch running for pitcher

Post by MDorf »

I am posting this here, because there are a lot of knowledgeable people in this league. In another league, I am in the playoffs. I am trying to figure out why ABE pinch ran for my pitcher in this game, and I couldn't figure it out from my settings:
http://simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp?play ... eid=588164
WillyD

Re: pinch running for pitcher

Post by WillyD »

It looks like there's nothing to stop a pitcher from being pinch run for based on how he's pitching. The only thing that could've stopped it is your settings on when to pinch run, in terms of what inning, and the score.

My settings are 9th inning or later and only if it's the tying run on base.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

I should probably change it. It is probably a setting that was inherited or the default. Still, it lists: Never pinch run for starters in the 1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th through 1st2nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th spots in the batting order. 9th is not even a choice. I can't imagine leaving a pitcher in to hit and then removing him for a pinch runner.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

i leave pinch running off for the regular season as i dont want my young hitters losing out on IC's. But for playoffs i have it about the same as willy.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

I just don't understand why it happened, when there is no option for the 9th batter in the order.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

MDorf wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm I just don't understand why it happened, when there is no option for the 9th batter in the order.
The batter options are to not pinch run for, so technically the pitcher is always available to be pinch run for.
MDorf

Post by MDorf »

WillyD wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 pm
MDorf wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:48 pm I just don't understand why it happened, when there is no option for the 9th batter in the order.
The batter options are to not pinch run for, so technically the pitcher is always available to be pinch run for.
I agree, but it is silly. You aren't going to let your pitcher hit, and then remove him for a pinch hitter.

Return to “Frank Robinson League”