Rich Getting Richer

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

Hamilton2

Rich Getting Richer

Post by Hamilton2 »

I know that this is going to sound like sour grapes, but eeeyaya! Did you guys see the draft class? We have two OS 28 SP's with overall ratings of 82 and 81 respectively at the top of the board. Guess who picks at 1 & 2? MIL and SEA, who already have 6 of the top 10 overall SP's in the league AND are currently in 1st place in their leagues.

I love the wheel draft. I think it leads, long term, to better competitive balance and better game play; but wowser, the daunting task of catching up with you guys just got even worse!

(Oh! And Colorado just traded the 14th overall pick for a solid quality veteran as well.)

Brooklyn would like to aggressively buy pitching help in an attempt to make a run in the NL next year. I have the #3 overall pick in '96. I have lots of young hitting. I'm open to ideas. Thanks all!

And I don't mean to sound like sour grapes here. I'm not complaining about the "unfairness" ... it really is just bad luck. Over time it will all even out!
phen0m

Re: Rich Getting Richer

Post by phen0m »

yea it evens out over time. I like the strategy wrinkles it brings also, competitive teams having to decide whether to take the veteran to help out now or take the 18 year olds for the future. Depends on the age and quality of the veterans obviously, but sometimes the decision isn't so easy.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

phen0m wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:23 pm yea it evens out over time. I like the strategy wrinkles it brings also, competitive teams having to decide whether to take the veteran to help out now or take the 18 year olds for the future. Depends on the age and quality of the veterans obviously, but sometimes the decision isn't so easy.
I'm stuck with that nice dilemma now. I like the young power hitter a lot, but the Japanese pitcher is enticing too. Anybody want to offer on the #1 pick? I'll listen to offers for it.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Also, if anyone wants to trade for Thompson and/or Lukachyk, I'd be willing to listen to offer on one or both.

Return to “Frank Robinson League”