BoHo Expansion Team Available

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

Hamilton2

BoHo Expansion Team Available

Post by Hamilton2 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Hey league! You guys are some of the best and I would love to have one of you join us in this league!
Hamilton2 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:54 am
2138 is the final season in our term and we will have an expansion draft at the end of the season (estimated March 9, 2020). Here is some information about the league and teams we will have available. If anyone would like to join us, please contact Hamilton2 via u2u for the password.

The Bob Horner League is a highly competitive anti-tanking league. Our rules include system 3 minors (max development), system 4 injuries (max injuries), with variable development, winning percentage modifier for major league improvements, and retirement system 2 (if you meet playing criteria, you keep playing). We also use a draft lottery with a loss penalty (-5 draft lotto slots for less than 55 wins, -10 draft lotto slots for less than 50 wins). The most you can move up/down in the lotto is 5 true slots, so a team winning fewer than 50 games can only draft 6th at the earliest.

There will be at least three tams available in the expansion draft. Based on the rosters listed below, it is quite plausible that the expansion franchises could move into 2139 and beyond with highly competitive rosters.

AL Team 1 - Tampa Bay has multiple young SP's that are worthwhile and a handful of other notable players.

AL Team 2 - Chicago (A) has been a strong contender for the past half a dozen years. The players are starting to age, but there is still some top-end talent here.

NL Team 1 - New York (N) has one of the better rosters in the league, including 5 of our 16 A overall SP's. If this roster had not been abandoned, I think they could have won another World Series (they won in 2135) during the past few years. As it is, even with the inactivity penalty they won 96 and then 81 games.

The expansion draft process is a lot of fun. The rosters of all the expansion teams get dumped into a pool and drafted by the incoming franchises. Giving the depth of talent on these 3 rosters it seems likely to me that we could end up with 2 or even 3 playoff contenders from the expansion draft.

I would love to get these teams sold in advance of the close of the season, so that there is no delay in transitioning to our next term. Thank you for your interest! Let me know if you would like to purchase a team.

WillyD

Re: BoHo Expansion Team Available

Post by WillyD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am

I believe I'm banned from the BHL. :lol:

Hamilton2

Post by Hamilton2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:10 am

WillyD wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am
You and Two Roosters just need to stay in opposite corners. LOL

WillyD

Post by WillyD » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 am

Hamilton2 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:10 am
WillyD wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:42 am
You and Two Roosters just need to stay in opposite corners. LOL
I'll let him have his little safe space.

Return to “Frank Robinson League”