Leaving league

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

REDandBLACK

Leaving league

Post by REDandBLACK »

It's been a fun ride, but I will not be renewing.

The league just does not have enough activity to keep my interest. I was lead to believe that a wheel draft would lead to plenty of activity and would lead to teams not having to go through long stretches of rebuilding. The exact opposite is true. Not only is there little to no activity (I've had most of my teams best players on the trade block for 2 seasons and I just got my first real offer), but the same teams are near the top of the league and the same teams are at the bottom for what looks like the past 20 seasons. Just leaves very little intrigue. CHA will be a playoff team for the next 20 seasons, and good for them. It's just no fun for the competition.

The wheel draft means its a crapshoot for many teams. I have almost no control over rebuilding through the draft, and I'm at the will of ABE and luck when it's my turn with high draft picks. Take a look at the upcoming draft. Very little in terms of a true #1. Some very good players there, but nothing like the Joe O's of the world (on the best team in my division.) So I can't rebuild through the draft or even start to trade away players for draft picks. It seems that even if I could make a few trades, I'm still on a long long rebuild at this rate.

I wish the remaining owners the best of luck.

Cheers!
Owenatkinson

Re: Leaving league

Post by Owenatkinson »

Hate to see you go but I totally understand. I have struggled mightily in this league...
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Sorry to see you go RandB. I too have been disappointed by the lack of activity. The teams at the top have been the ones that have sent me the most offers. There seems to be a number of owners that are hesitant to deal, and not pro-active in terms of offering trades. You can't be just re-active here. It's not a league for everyone.

I hope to still see you over in the JBL!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Gentlemen,

I must announce that I will not be renewing, as well.

For much the same reasons as REDandBLACK, really, though for me I also share Hamilton's dislike of the numbers but **most importantly** ... and this is the REAL reason, I am being head-hunted for a new job and I am probably going to take it and will need to make some pretty drastic cuts to my SimD stable of teams. This one just happens to be up for renewal first.

Otherwise I had planned to stay for one more term as I changed my stadium and roster strategy and was going to try and pump up my Prestige for this league a bit.

Sorry, and may ABE smile on all of you.
phen0m

Post by phen0m »

REDandBLACK wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 am CHA will be a playoff team for the next 20 seasons
wha? my pitching staffs about to fall off a cliff so i dont see having any more than a few playoff seasons left on this run

anyways, hate to see you go.. best of luck to you.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

ballmark wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:40 pm Gentlemen,

I must announce that I will not be renewing, as well.

For much the same reasons as REDandBLACK, really, though for me I also share Hamilton's dislike of the numbers but **most importantly** ... and this is the REAL reason, I am being head-hunted for a new job and I am probably going to take it and will need to make some pretty drastic cuts to my SimD stable of teams. This one just happens to be up for renewal first.

Otherwise I had planned to stay for one more term as I changed my stadium and roster strategy and was going to try and pump up my Prestige for this league a bit.

Sorry, and may ABE smile on all of you.
Sorry to see you Mark. It's always fun to have you in the league! Too many teams can be problematic though, so I totally get it.

I've listed BAL, WAS, and BRO for sale (password protected).

Return to “Frank Robinson League”