Any news?

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

historymann49

Any news?

Post by historymann49 »

Does anyone know if there is any word on a possible merger/contraction?
REDandBLACK

Re: Any news?

Post by REDandBLACK »

I haven’t heard anything. It would be nice if we had some sort of update. Not sure why I signed up and paid for a league that is just stalled. It’s very frustrating. It’s been about a month of inactivity and my patience is starting to wear. Are we to wait indefinitely? How many current owners would we lose in the waiting process? Seems like a slippery slope to be on here.

I like the format, but I’m not sure I’m on board with this indefinite plan situation. Don’t we have enough owners to at least get things moving again?
phishingtrip

Post by phishingtrip »

This is a rough one for the Foghorns. I love the format, love the league, and more importantly love my team which may be our best iteration yet... But having no other teams to play really does make me question whether I'm not better giving up. How do the rest of us feel?
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

I will sign again but waiting to see if we get any more people or have a merger?...………...
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

I sent messages to Admin and to our "Commish" trying to find out what's going on, but no response. I would love to be a part of this league, but how long are we supposed to wait? There are plenty of other leagues paused without owners for multiple teams. It shouldn't be too hard to arrange a merger if we can't get owners for this one.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

historymann49 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:52 am I sent messages to Admin and to our "Commish" trying to find out what's going on, but no response. I would love to be a part of this league, but how long are we supposed to wait? There are plenty of other leagues paused without owners for multiple teams. It shouldn't be too hard to arrange a merger if we can't get owners for this one.
No new news. I've posted in support, but I don't expect an answer soon.

OK guys, here's the reality of the situation. SimD is in a tough spot right now. There are so many teams for sale, it's not worth counting them. There are multiple leagues that were approved for mergers, and nothing has happened in a few months.

We only have a little more than half a league. We still have 5 teams for sale, and 1 owner (SF) that hasn't let me know if he's returning. If we can get the rest of the teams sold, the league can continue. We've waited over a month for the new term to start a few times before. 5 teams though is a lot. It would be great if everyone could try and recruit good owners to join. It's a fun league when everyone is active!
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

Willy, there are so many teams in the same situation, but they are not private
so they keep on playing--the Nellie Fox league is one that only Chance, Swope, and myself
make up the AL part, and 3-4 teams on the NL side...……..teams dropping out--
nobody likes to play with such few teams--We continue on promise that merger
would take place...……...with probably 20 other leagues the same--all of this lies
with the Admin taking charge...…...merging leagues, and getting this going. I wish
you and I had control...….I know our Love for the game would have us taking action
but I guess as long as they keep getting their money they don't care?????????????????????
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm Willy, there are so many teams in the same situation, but they are not private
so they keep on playing--the Nellie Fox league is one that only Chance, Swope, and myself
would take place...……...with probably 20 other leagues the same--all of this lies
with the Admin taking charge...…...merging leagues, and getting this going. I wish
you and I had control...….I know our Love for the game would have us taking action
but I guess as long as they keep getting their money they don't care?????????????????????
The health of Chris is a major factor. I'm guessing that Tyson has pretty much washed his hands of SimD, at least in terms of helping out. I'm thinking he's still taking the money though!

I wish I knew a great programmer or two, and had the cash. I'd consider buying this site, and Making it Great Again! :lol:

MSDGA!
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

I messaged Admin two days ago, asking if I could transfer to another league - assuming this one doesn't start up. I received a reply asking which team I was interested in. I responded, but have heard nothing yet. Chris needs someone to help him out.
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

WillyD wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 pm
FrosteeTBear wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm Willy, there are so many teams in the same situation, but they are not private
The health of Chris is a major factor. I'm guessing that Tyson has pretty much washed his hands of SimD, at least in terms of helping out. I'm thinking he's still taking the money though!

I wish I knew a great programmer or two, and had the cash. I'd consider buying this site, and Making it Great Again! :lol:

MSDGA!
Same here-wouldn't that inspire the site to great heights--a few changes and this could be a real winner!

Return to “Frank Robinson League”