League Restart?

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

FrosteeTBear

Re: League Restart?

Post by FrosteeTBear »

I will pay if we are going to start up Chris!...………... :D
WillyD

Re: League Restart?

Post by WillyD »

Admin wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:22 pm Clearly I should have added multiple choices to the poll.

So far we have four continues, two requests for credit (one will continue if it happens soon), and one merge who will continue if we have a full or close to full league. Waiting for responses from the remaining five. But it looks like a merge is out.

Since the trend is going toward continuing, here is what I want to do:

- Post on Facebook and in the news about the openings and the unique nature of the draft
- Give it, say, 5 days to attract buyers for the three (maybe 4 or 5) remaining teams
- Put bots in any unfilled slots and let the league start
- List the bot teams for sale and push them again on Facebook/news

Anyone want to donate a one paragraph blurb about what makes the wheel draft (or other aspects of the league) appealing to you?

Thank you all for your input!

Chris
Hi Chris,

What makes the FRL so appealing to many of us is that you don't have to sell off everything of value and lose 120+ games to rebuild your team into a winner. You can keep your favorite players, especially if they're good mentors, because the number of games you win or lose doesn't affect your draft position. Everyone gets a #1 pick every 16 seasons, and everyone gets a top 4 pick every 4 seasons! You now have the real option of trying to compete every season if you choose. Br drafting wisely, trading smartly, and with a little luck, you have a shot at the playoffs just about any season. So your team's not making the grade? Sell off a few older vets, and do a mini rebuild. Get a couple of youngsters/and or a top 4 picks back, promote a couple of top minor leaguer prospects, add a little developmental seasoning, and you're back in it after a few seasons!

Bill

Return to “Frank Robinson League”