League Restart?

Discussions for the Frank Robinson League.

Moderator: WillyD

Admin
Site Admin

League Restart?

Post by Admin »

We are still three teams shy of getting started. I'd like to just but bots in those three slots,draft, and then re-list them for sale after the new season starts.

Unless there is a major exception to this, expect the expansion draft to occur tomorrow. Look on your home page for a poll asking for what you would prefer to do.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
WillyD

Re: League Restart

Post by WillyD »

Hi Chris,

I don't think everyone paid up yet. We've been on hold forever, so some owners have probably assumed the league wouldn't continue. I see 2 teams (SF and HOU) that are marked as unknown, and at least 2 of the owners that paid, haven't checked their teams since mid-June. emidas also bought a team in the PWL and promptly disappeared off the site.

Bill
Admin
Site Admin

Re: League Restart

Post by Admin »

Well I can certainly put it back on hold. As far as I recall only one person has asked about moving credit to another team. So let's see where we are. I'll run a poll to see whether people want to continue or not.

I didn't look at the continuing but unpaid players, that will keep the league on hold automatically anyway.

Look for a poll link on your home page.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
chance4103

Re: League Restart?

Post by chance4103 »

Chris I was the one to give me a refund on my team.I will cont. if the league starts soon.So I am ok with bots just not waiting so long.If this helps to get league going.
chance
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I'm all for continuing on.

Chris, have you ever tested how Dyansty Bots will rank the expansion draft?
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

I also asked about a refund or credit for another team, but I would much rather play here.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

DynastyBots won't rank an expansion draft; they were originally designed only to run in Dynasty leagues. They would just grab the defaults for a balanced team. They do rank amateur drafts.

Chris
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Clearly I should have added multiple choices to the poll.

So far we have four continues, two requests for credit (one will continue if it happens soon), and one merge who will continue if we have a full or close to full league. Waiting for responses from the remaining five. But it looks like a merge is out.

Since the trend is going toward continuing, here is what I want to do:

- Post on Facebook and in the news about the openings and the unique nature of the draft
- Give it, say, 5 days to attract buyers for the three (maybe 4 or 5) remaining teams
- Put bots in any unfilled slots and let the league start
- List the bot teams for sale and push them again on Facebook/news

Anyone want to donate a one paragraph blurb about what makes the wheel draft (or other aspects of the league) appealing to you?

Thank you all for your input!

Chris
historymann49

Post by historymann49 »

Thanks, Chris. It'll be nice to get started.
Corked

Post by Corked »

Hey Chris - I was another of the reflex response - choose credit without thinking about it overly much (has just been so long). Prepared to continue as well / disregard the choice.

Cheers

Return to “Frank Robinson League”