League “Merge”

Discussions for the Catfish Hunter League.
GhostofKong

League “Merge”

Post by GhostofKong »

Hey guys!

We are having a discussion in the BZL about the problem of unowned teams. The BZL is a salary league with league settings just like this one.

We have 4 vacancies in the BZL, here the CHL we have 5 vacancies.

Between both leagues we have 17 total, unique owners. 6 own teams in both leagues, 6 own only one in the BZL, 5 only one here.

It’s a great opportunity to consider merging leagues—although it’s just not possible to do from an engineering perspective. The Salary league code is a bit more complicated. That said, we could do a manual “merge” by having the 5 CHL only owners join us in the BZL. Of course, one owner from either here or there would have to volunteer to leave.

What do you guys think about this? If you only own a team here, would you be willing to give up your team here to move there? What about if there is an expansion draft of some kind to redistribute talent so you wouldn’t be stuck with a zombie team?
ballmark

Re: League “Merge”

Post by ballmark »

Just a couple of thoughts:

1) Remember when the Salary Leagues had a "waiting list" to get in? Whoever volunteered to - temporarily - drop a team to allow this merge would be at the top of the list for the first available vacancy. The waiting list would be re-established in one of the league's topped threads, once we figure out how to top threads again. (LOL)

2) Having been in both leagues, I believe the BZL is slightly more active on the boards and with trades. I guess I'm just trying to extend an invitation to please come play in our park.
zoocorp

Post by zoocorp »

I could volunteer to leave. I like this league and the salary aspect but playing over .600 ball for most of my tenure and winning over 100 games on multiple occasions and not making the playoffs is just too much work.
piper108

Post by piper108 »

I'm fine with a merge. It's tough starting out with low team prestige, but I don't mind a challenge.
mrspikey

Post by mrspikey »

So is everyone willing to move to the other league?
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

This thread outlines the cities CHL owners could take over if you choose to move into the Zito league.

Be sure you stop your subscription payments in PayPal here before buying one of the BZL vacant teams and I'd also post a New Ticket in Support to Admin to get credit for your unused time in the CHL. Worth a shot, anyway.
GhostofKong

Post by GhostofKong »

Yeah right now the vacancies line up that if you wanted to maintain your CHL city, you could do that by moving your team once you take on a BZL team.

Echoing Mark, you should 100% get a credit for consolidating to one league.
chbutt

Post by chbutt »

Yes.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

heavyt ... zoocorp :arrow: there are still two unowned teams in the BZL and it looks like you are the last two active CHL owners here who have not migrated or already play in the BZL. Let's make a clean sweep of this thing and let Admin mothball this league. Maybe we can get back to having a wait list for Salary League play because demand will exceed the supply.

Return to “Catfish Hunter League”