So ... (Bringing This Up Again)

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

ballmark

So ... (Bringing This Up Again)

Post by ballmark »

Can we talk about this C Endurance SP stuff again? I've got another one and a darn good C+ Endurance RP that I've been starting out of the 5-hole the last 2 years but had to bump to the pen due to the current ruleset.

The pertinent threads can be found here.

The current league rules can be found here.
JoeTheShow77

Re: So ... (Bringing This Up Again)

Post by JoeTheShow77 »

I'm fine with a change to allow a rp with at least a c endurance to be in a rotation.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

I’m fine with it too.
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

Same here
Baskets

Post by Baskets »

Off the top of my head without going through the past threads I thought we'd decided that if a C was labeled as "Starting Pitcher" it was cool, otherwise we'd need a unanimous or at least majority vote to overturn.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Off the top of my head without going through the past threads I thought we'd decided that if a C was labeled as "Starting Pitcher" it was cool, otherwise we'd need a unanimous or at least majority vote to overturn
Jason put a poll together and 10 out of 16 voted in favor though some said the language needed to "be tweaked" but because we never reached a unanimous vote on it the rules were never officially changed.
Baskets

Post by Baskets »

The bureaucracy. ;)
Baskets

Post by Baskets »

I can see needing a unanimous vote for all C's qualifying but those fairly rare cases where pitcher is listed as "starting pitcher" seems an easy/obvious yes. Only sticking point would be ease of checking compliance, not sure that is checked here very often anyway. I'd ram it through without a vote but that's why I'm not commissioner.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

It's actually fairly easy to check:

GM Menu/League Lineups/Pitching Tab ... then hover over any SP w/C Endurance and check what ABE has the player registered as.

Right now there are only 3 teams with a C Endurance SP and all of them are pitching from the #5 hole, per the rules. One is coded a SP (mine) and the other two are coded RP.

If the rules change for next season, for example - I'd move my C Endurance SP to a different slot and bring up my C Endurance RP to the #5 slot after my 36-year old SP retires, the guy I've been grooming for the rotation these past 2-3 seasons.
DVfhsindians058

Post by DVfhsindians058 »

So just to confirm, is this the following rule change being proposed?

Players with B- (or B when blind / blue letter) endurance can start anywhere in the lineup 1-5, but an RP with a C endurance can start as 5. However if a player with C / green letter / C when hidden / C+++++ endurance listed as an SP play anywhere in the lineup as a result.

Yeah?

Let me know.

If so thats fine I don't care one way or another. Vote in majority approval.

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”