How can this happen?

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

frankum

How can this happen?

Post by frankum »

So I’ve been getting meticulous about tracking my players improvements. I have a pitcher (Dusty Christian) who I knew for sure was B+\B+ (vel/ctrl) and I had another pitcher (Ray Montanez) I was watching to see when he jumped Dusty so I would know Ray was close to A- Vel.

Well, Ray never jumped over while a B+. He only passed Dusty when he became an A-, and a dusty is still a B+.

How is this possible?
ballmark

Re: How can this happen?

Post by ballmark »

Because ABE "reverse engineers" a player's grades this occasionally results in the starting grade(s) getting pushed back a third of a grade, though I've also seen it go the other way.

Over a player's career this tends to even out but sometimes will not.

It's much harder to see in a blind league, but it is still there. In other leagues, I use it to predict off years and career years. When I have time to compare original skill scores against what the grades should be given current improves, anyway. Which isn't that often, anymore. Too many leagues, too much real life, too much dang sickness.

Mostly on the mend now, except my furshlugginer eyes.
Bonescorpion

Post by Bonescorpion »

Dusty I would expect is the Max B+, if two players have the exact same grade they are listed alphabetically.
redcped

Post by redcped »

Maybe he got 2 improves in the same game and jumped?

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”