How the Amateur Draft works

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

redcped

How the Amateur Draft works

Post by redcped »

This will need some updating, but I can't actually see anywhere that this is posted so our new owners need some guidance.

-All owners must rank their top 32 identically. Players ranked 33-100 can be in any order desired. The top 32 will be posted by the Commissioner shortly after the draft lists are released on Sept. 1. That is the list everyone should follow.

-Use these draft settings to get the top 32 defaulted correctly (at least most of the time, since it occasionally glitches):

Maximum players per position: 10 across the board.

Player Rankings - Pitchers:

Velocity: 20
Control: 25
Endurance: 5
Throws Left: 0
Throws Right: 1
Youth: 45
Health: 2
Defensive Arm: 1
Defensive Range: 1

Player Rankings - Batters:

Power Vs R: 10
Power Vs L: 7
Speed: 9
Contact Vs R: 10
Contact Vs. L: 7
Youth: 45
Health: 2
Defensive Arm: 5
Defensive Range: 5

--Under your Team Profile on the main menu, go to the bottom and set the following two options from the dropdown:

Default Amateur Draft Rankings: "Use My Attribute Settings"

Commish Access: "Allow league commish to log in as me"

The first one sets your default draft list in accordance with the rules. The second one allows me to check before a draft, or reconstruct a draft when someone messes up. Which happens more often than it should. So it's really important for me to be able to check all the lists.
redcped

Re: How the Amateur Draft works

Post by redcped »

Here's the thread with the Top 32 for this draft:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1579

So, to be clear, your players ranked from 1-32 should be the same as what is posted in that thread. In that order. No variations.

Then, any of the other 68 players can be ranked any way you want to in spots 33-100 for rounds 3-5.

We will redraft the top 32 as part of our live draft, which is already going. ABE handles rounds 3-5 for us, as it's not worth the effort to do those live. So, yes, the draft order is different in rounds 3-5, because that's ABE generated. The lottery determines the pick order for 1-32.
cwballer25

Re: How the Amateur Draft works

Post by cwballer25 »

Also an occasionally used rule is that anyone drafting in the 1st round lottery (not playoff picks) can ‘steal’ a player from outside the Top 32.

This will result in that team losing their 2nd round pick to the team the 3rd rounder was stolen from. If the stealing team does t have a 2nd rounder then they can’t steal

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”