Help Me with Manny Kellett

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

frankum

Help Me with Manny Kellett

Post by frankum »

How did he get to be so good?

To give the full story, I saw he was recently traded and I went into his stats. I had no idea how good he is. Since I'm pretty new at the game I still don't fully understand player development. I went back to Manny's draft ratings, and there is absolutely zero indication to me that he would be that good. Can someone explain to me what in his ratings helped him turn into a monster?

His ratings were obviously good. At 18 he was C-/B+/C+/A-. But then there is Johnny McGregor (CIN) who was B-/B+/C/B- at 17 and it doesn't appear that he will even SNIFF the numbers Kellett has put up. I'm really trying to figure out what's going on here.
wearewolf

Re: Help Me with Manny Kellett

Post by wearewolf »

May have something to do with playing in a small park for most of career (310 LF and 337 LC). But he did have a strange surge from a so so hitter to a beast from 55 to 56.
This message was sent by order of the Peaky Blinders!
Bonescorpion

Re: Help Me with Manny Kellett

Post by Bonescorpion »

Basically his contact developed enough to allow what I assume is max power to flourish (that is why the strange surge). Also because of how the ratings are bundled for development his power developed better then what you would expect. When Kellet was young those right handed stats were developing like he was a C+ vs righties, and McGregor rightes ratings were developing like they were a B vs righties. It is not an exact science and you need to factor in speed (Kellet is faster) and some luck as well.

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”