Let's Settle This for Next Season

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

C Endurance Pitcher Poll

Yes
70%
No
No votes
Yes, but tweak language (comment below)
30%
No, because (comment below)
No votes

Total votes: 10

ballmark

Let's Settle This for Next Season

Post by ballmark »

Back to our latest hot topic.

Proposed: "A C Endurance pitcher labeled a "Starting Pitcher" by ABE may be slotted anywhere within a team's rotation. A C Endurance pitcher labeled a "Relief Pitcher" by ABE may only be slotted #5 within a rotation."

If I did this right, there should be a poll attached.
redcped

Re: Let's Settle This for Next Season

Post by redcped »

My addition is this:

A roster may have no more than one "C" endurance pitcher in the rotation at any time in the regular season, regardless of the pitcher's status.

(I'm open to other playoff configurations being permissible, although I would not suggest allowing multiple "C" RP in the top 4)
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I think that's an excellent addition.
jzirker

Post by jzirker »

My Yes is in support of the posted additional language - 1 C-pitcher limit.
DVfhsindians058

Post by DVfhsindians058 »

So I have a question... because it doesn't seem fully clear with Jason's comment.

With the addition of Jason's comment, would that mean that the pitcher would have to be labeled SP AND be C endurance to be anywhere in the starting lineup? Or, could they be an RP by label yet have C endurance and start somewhere?

Please provide clarity and then I shall vote
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I believe the intent of Jason's amendment is that a team may never have more than one C Endurance pitcher in the starting rotation, no matter what ABE has labeled the player.

If labeled a SP, he may slot anywhere 1 through 5.
If labeled a RP, he may only slot into #5.

Either way, a team can only have one C Endurance pitcher in the rotation.

+++

Playoff games are special situations where *more* than one C Endurance pitcher may be in the rotation, but that language discussion will follow this one.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

If we are amending this, we should specify the playoff question as well.
So how about: No more than one "C" endurance pitcher may be in a team's starting rotation at any time. If that pitcher is labeled a relief pitcher by ABE, then that pitcher must be in the #5 slot during the regular season, and no higher than the #4 slot during the playoffs.
redcped

Post by redcped »

I wouldn't object to making the playoff rule that any pitcher C or better can be in any rotation spot.

It's the playoffs. You put the guys in the rotation who give you the best shot to win. By keeping out D guys, you prevent total wackiness that I think we want to avoid, though.
DVfhsindians058

Post by DVfhsindians058 »

Please just put me with the majority rule here. I don't even care lol.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

That's a very good point about the playoffs. Real life shows that the roles often get scrambled. Endurance really does matter less. There are more built-in days off. There's often no "rest of the season" if you lose.
Also, in our game, there are no improvement chances in the playoffs. I agree that it doesn't make sense to start a "D" endurance guy in the playoffs, but I don't think anyone could benefit by doing it.
How about this, then:
During the regular season, only one pitcher with "C" endurance may be in a team's starting rotation at any time. If labeled a relief pitcher by ABE, that pitcher must be in the #5 slot.

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”